free website stats program 2011 Road Glide Ultra Issues | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Road Glide Ultra Issues

i have a 2010 flhtk limited with 113 and i use the heat management and roll off the throttle to deactivate the cruse with no problem. only problem i have had is rolling throttle at start, just barley touching throttle at start makes it idle to fast and have to cycle the the switch to reset. i just dont touch it anymore when i hit the start button. now if i can get the thing to keep belts on it. ripped the teeth off of 2 belt. gonna convert to chain drive. good luck.i would think that if it through a code it should be in the code history

I hope Hobbit doesn't see this or there's gonna be some engine work on his CVO before it's even broken in!! :lolrolling

As of now, the only time I’ve had a problem, it’s been after getting gas. I’ll swing the bars in the morning and check for codes. Have a 0900 show time at the Dealer’s, I hate it but, I’m just going to drop it off and take the loaner (RG with a 96) I’m putting a new Diesel design on the Dyno in the morning. I named it Isabelle! Been working on it for a while, can’t wait to see how it runs. Also going to have them check the fuel pressure, sometimes it feels like its lean surging, probably just lean tuning, will post the results.
Duanne

Problem Corrected!! Very impressed by effort the factory technical services team & Dealer put into correcting the problem, replaced three TCA (Throttle Control Actuator) pin connectors in the main harness at the ECM with gold tinned replacements, completely went thru the Fuel system (pump, regulator, all lines Etc…) looking for a cause of what felt like lean surging. I told Dealer that the best the bike would run was in the morning on the ride in, after that it felt like a different unit. Results, now runs extremely smooth and pulls like Freight Train! especially in the 2800 – 4000 rpm range.

Duanne

Last edited by a moderator:
That is good news to hear.
So I take it, the lean surging was also corrected. Would you happen to know what they did for that issue?

Harness repair also corrected the surging, ECM wasn’t getting accurate throttle data, so I suspect that it couldn’t accurately use the Fuel & Ignition maps. The Engine always a strange roughness, which I just assumed was due to its size, (as I hadn’t ridden a 103 prior to buying this one) can’t confirm it, but also felt like throttle Actuator was slightly hunting. Now it feels like it just came off a good Dyno tune.

Yesterday the Engine started running real rough on the way to work again, I called the Dealer after I got there, Pulled the Main Maxi Fuse after talking with their tech, ran great, dealer to contact HD Tech Services. Just for drill, I measured ECM Temp after arriving at home – 116.0 degrees. Bike has 3600 mi.

Today I contacted Dealer to see what Tech Services had to say about the problem, they want the Dealer have the bike, induce the problem, then to data log the condition and email the file for Tech Services to review. Service Manager can’t schedule the bike in until 23 September 2010! So am I not to ride my new ride? Or be prepared to stop, remove the Left Saddle Bag and Left Side Cover to pull the Main Fuse to reset the ECM to clear the condition, until the 23rd of Sept.? Called back and spoke to Sales Manager who said he would look into being able to Data Log prior to the 23rd. I suggested I could just pull in on my way to work the next time it screws up or they could give me another one and send this one back to R&D, this is getting old Fast! Can’t believe there isn’t a Tech Bulletin out on this yet. What am I saying, (EDIT) you can’t even buy a Service Manual yet.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
New to Forum, just traded my 07' RKC on a new FLTRU, it's a great ride! That said, twice in the last 2 wks. (2500 mi.) She’s almost got me stranded with no throttle control (limp home mode). After one trip to the dealer, who said it had no codes, (so we can’t fix it) today I checked it myself after a 200+ mi. ride with another check engine light @ a Gas Station! Found DTC P1511 & P2101, Cleared the codes & reset the ECM. Sorry about the long dibble, my question is, is it possible that I’m causing this buy cancelling the Cruise by rolling the throttle up, as I did on my 07' RKC? Thanks
First ride of the spring with my 2011 Ultra Classic, same thing, limp home. I had to disconnect the battery to allow the code to clear. this happened with 1000 miles!

I also have a 2011 FLTRU and use the cruise very oftern. No problems with rolling off the throttle with mine so far. Good luck I look forward to hearing what your dealer finds.

Back