free website stats program 2011 Road Glide Ultra Issues | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Road Glide Ultra Issues

The 07’ RKC also had TPS (Throttle Position Sensor), this TBW has (2) for redundancy, supposedly, the lost of one unit causes limited performance, then the lost of the 2nd unit causes “limp home”. So I asked the Dealer about those odds while at a Gas station filling up.
What I like about the TBW is the Cruise Control, it engages instantly! I’m not thrilled about not having absolute control over the throttle position, and apparently it’s something else that you can’t fix on the road. (but in reality it’s been that way for a while) gone are the days when you carried a spare set of points (or a Master Link) that you could throw in if your Dyna ignition died on the road. Conclusion, the only real upside for the buyer is the Cruise.
Glen073, are you saying the Dealer said “not to roll the throttle up? Today my Dealers tech said to do so was fine, but when he mentioned the roll-off switch, I knew he was thinking about the cable units with the roll-off Switch built-in.
The Dealer has no clue where to start, but this way they have a couple of days to get with Engineering or R&D to come up with a game plan. And just as important, my VIN is in the system if I have issues down the road, because I think I’ll be hanging on to this one for a while!

Duanne

Rolling the throttle forward to cancel the cruise is not causing your problem ! Did you or the dealer do any work that required the removal of the switch housings ?? If so you may have a pinched wire in either switch housing , a pinched wire will cause the bike to go into limp home mode , also you want to check and make sure that the Throttle Control Actuator ( TCA ) wire connector is not loose , if you had a stage 1 air intake installed they have to disconnect the plug so it may not have been seated properly when they put the plug back on .

I've got TBW on my '10 street glide. 3500 miles and 2 months old, rolling throttle forward is my perferred method of cancelling cruise and no problems what so ever.

I have TBW on my '04 corvette Z06 and '07 Cadillac STS also. All three behave slightly different. On the Z06 wide open throttle (WOT) is wide open throttle. I don't know about the STS but it feels similar to the SG where it progressively opens depending on RPM. The Z06 is extremely responsive (better than any mechancial linkage I've had). My personal opinion is that it depends on how the ECM is/was programmed. Both the Z06 and the SG are extremely responsive to any minor throttle inputs.

I had already taken a look at the Switches, (to check for a pinched wire) I think the TBW harness came out in the middle of the Bars, didnt see the harness in the Switch/Master Cylinder area. Have only taken the Speedo housing up once (to re-clock the Speedo & re-torque the risers) don’t care for the method used to clamp to upper and lower halves together (read plastic), so I didn’t split it again to check for the TBW harness. I up loaded some pics of the ETC Hall Effect transmitter, no wires visible.
Duanne

i have a 2010 flhtk limited with 113 and i use the heat management and roll off the throttle to deactivate the cruse with no problem. only problem i have had is rolling throttle at start, just barley touching throttle at start makes it idle to fast and have to cycle the the switch to reset. i just dont touch it anymore when i hit the start button. now if i can get the thing to keep belts on it. ripped the teeth off of 2 belt. gonna convert to chain drive. good luck.i would think that if it through a code it should be in the code history

My 2008 ultra had a simalar issue the dealer found a broken wire near the neck. I roll off most of the time. It was a known issue in the 08s that the wires are none to long. Start the bike without turning the throtle turn the handle bars lock to lock a few times if the check engine light comes on you could have wire issue.

Back