free website stats program 2011 rk | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 rk

I mostly ride on a Corbin solo unless on a long run or the Warden is with me. Then I pull out the Mustang. The Mustang rides much higher than the Corbin but it also has twice the padding or more. I'm 6' and long legged so reaching the ground was never an issue for me. My neck started to hurt with the stock bars while riding and found the reach to be the culprit causing a kink in my neck. The Heritage bars solved that but I wish the grip part was turned out ever so slightly. Wide shoulders, gorilla hands and arms cause that I guess. Having said all that I got about 25K miles on the Heritage bars.....

I had same problem when I purchased my 2010 RKC. After the Mustang seat and Heritage bar (2" increased) were installed. My neck problem was solved! I LOVE MUSTANG SEAT!!! :newsmile01: But I wish I could get a little taller on Heritage bar. At that time, my budget was tight and could not afford to replace existing cables. :bigsmiley31:

well the try before you buy deal got alllll rained out last Saturday. :(

Does anyone have any input regarding the Harley Davidson 'REACH" seats???

Do they move you forward and down much????

Thanks
Bill

well the try before you buy deal got alllll rained out last Saturday. :(

Does anyone have any input regarding the Harley Davidson 'REACH" seats???

Do they move you forward and down much????

Thanks
Bill

300 $ is new...

YES, I bought a Reach and paid 250/included freight for it. SLIGHTLY Used (200 miles)... Man was too Huge...:shock

I bought it because I have a left bad hip and yes it moved me forward and down some..? 2----2.5 inches?
The seat was ok and I could understand how it worked, Nice seat... BUT only one day out on it and it proved TOO uncomfortable on my hip so I put the original back on...
Bought a used Mustang later... Nice but Now, like you, I have to Lean for the bars a little...

Your TRIAL will tell...

Make you a good deal on it IF you go try one out and Like it,,,,,,,,, and find out for sure IF the Reach for my 09 FLHR King (also wide frame and tire) will fit your 11 king... I think they are the same...

Don't ask the same salesman about fit....

My Idea is IF you Like the trial seat (seat fits On and Off in less than a minute) Try it from your dealer...

Tell him NO...... I'll make you a super deal... Seat is just as new looking as New when I got it.

I'll name a price after you find out,,, Yes you Like it or Not.

signed....BUBBIE

300 $ is new...

YES, I bought a Reach and paid 250/included freight for it. SLIGHTLY Used (200 miles)... Man was too Huge...:shock

I bought it because I have a left bad hip and yes it moved me forward and down some..? 2----2.5 inches?
The seat was ok and I could understand how it worked, Nice seat... BUT only one day out on it and it proved TOO uncomfortable on my hip so I put the original back on...
Bought a used Mustang later... Nice but Now, like you, I have to Lean for the bars a little...

Your TRIAL will tell...

Make you a good deal on it IF you go try one out and Like it,,,,,,,,, and find out for sure IF the Reach for my 09 FLHR King (also wide frame and tire) will fit your 11 king... I think they are the same...

Don't ask the same salesman about fit....

My Idea is IF you Like the trial seat (seat fits On and Off in less than a minute) Try it from your dealer...

Tell him NO...... I'll make you a super deal... Seat is just as new looking as New when I got it.

I'll name a price after you find out,,, Yes you Like it or Not.

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks BUBBIE - I will surely 'try' the reach seat this weekend and let you know what I think. Sending you a PM also.

Bill

I put on 12" apes this winter, as I, too, had a tough time reaching forward for the bars. I've never been more satisfied. Soooooooo comfortable. Went with Wild1 chubby on my '11

Attachments

• rkc.jpg
    rkc.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 12
I put on 12" apes this winter, as I, too, had a tough time reaching forward for the bars. I've never been more satisfied. Soooooooo comfortable. Went with Wild1 chubby on my '11

Thanks RBK -- it seems to me to be the easiest thing to try first would be a new seat. I really did not want to have to mess with all the electronic connections and everything else associated with the handle bars. BUT, IF I went with new bars I would have the Harley shop install them for me for sure. I still may need new bars but would also like to have a narrower and lower seat even with new bars. This stock seat is really too wide for me making planting both feet solidly on the ground difficult.

Thanks for your reply.
Bill

'10 RK and like you had to reach for the bars. I used 2 up and 2 back risers and a street slammer cover. No changing cables or anything else.

'10 RK and like you had to reach for the bars. I used 2 up and 2 back risers and a street slammer cover. No changing cables or anything else.

Thanks for this info -- are these parts HD or where did you get them? Dealer here said on my bike (2011 flhr) I could not install risers! That there was no cover for them and it would look horrible.

Let me know what you got and where you got the parts.

Bill

IF you plan on getting a lower seat make sure, then, the bars won't become too high.
Also, if you do the work yourself, you will save $$$$$. Its not that hard to change out bars, on a scale of 1-10 the job is about a 5. Just get another set of hands to help you.

Back