free website stats program 2011 RK fuel tank capacity | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 RK fuel tank capacity

That's exactly the way My 2012 Limited worked.Made Me wonder if it was a smaller tank,too.If You run it past the count down of 0,You will find that there is ,indeed a 6 gallon tank.The new one's start counting down before the fuel light comes on,and You have at least 1 gallon left in tank.

I usually refill at 200-250 miles with no low fuel light on... This is on a 300-500 mile day.

Wow! I wish I got that much mileage. I get about 35mpg which is about 160 0r so when the light comes on. I have pushed it to 180 miles and it took like 5.5gallons. I have NEVER got 200 miles from a tank. I was really dissapointed for awhile but all my freinds said to just ride and don't worry about it. So I fill up when I need it.

One day I just may have to run it till it stops and then fill it up and see IF I can put in 6 gallons!!!
The fuel light on my '07 UGC (5 gal.) comes on about 150 miles but I don't worry about it as speed while riding, wind, roads, etc. all come into play and are never going to be the same.
I use the trip odometer to let me know how far I drove since last fill.
Running until empty isn't a good idea as your fuel pump is inside the tank and uses the coolant of the gas to cool the heat generated by the fuel pump.
You'll just end up replacing the fuel pump if you burn it up.

I get the same mpg as Rockinrich. I wish I could get 200 miles on a tank! It would make it easier to plan trips between gas stations.

6 gallon tank on my FLRT @ 39 mpg

well since someone else brought this up again -- my entire concern was this:
by all indications, my 6 gal tank was at or very near empty. I filled up and could ONLY pump in 4.5 gals. So, its sorta like this --- you have a 5 gallon bucket, you empty the bucket, then fill with only 3.5 gals of (water). It just seems to me that IF I have a 5 gal bucket - it should always hold 5 gals every time I empty and refill it.

Hey everyone - here is the ONLY answer to my question --- the 6 gal gas tank was NOT at or near empty!!! Only the fuel gage and the countdown odometer said it was near empty - but it really wasn't. When I filled up and could only put in 4.5 gals, the reality was that I still had 1.5 gals in the tank!! Maybe HD considers that 1.5 gals remaining to be "at or near empty" ???

Bill -- and Thanks to everyone responding - I love and appreciate all of everyone's help on this forum!!!!

Back