free website stats program 2011 FLHTK Powerduals guidance | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 FLHTK Powerduals guidance

drquick

i just got a 2011 FLHTK I had the dealer install an SE hi-flow air, Race Tuner and Rineharts slip ons and I love it. but as others have said the heat is a killer. so i have now bought a set of VH PowerDuals. Old pipes off with no problem i am to the point now at the exhuast gasket install i am supposed to swap it out with VHs gasket. but it doesnt look like the originals are in there and if they are would i even have to swap them out with less then 300 miles on it. also what would i use for a base map with the race tuner.

sorry to sound like an idiot but just got done working all day sitting in traffic then ran into this tonight.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Don't use the V/H gaskets put in new factory gaskets the V/H gaskets will leak they are not thick enough to seal up properly be very care full aliging the head pipes and pull down evenly i had to do mine twice and it is not fun. retighten again after 50 or so miles the power duals work great.

OL Bill

even though the existing ones are still in there with less the 300 miles. its not a big deal i just want to make sure. i will be getting off work today heading straight home to finish this up tonight.

also what tuner are you using?

drquick; gaskets are in there - just camouflaged. They are woven metal fiber & look like attached pic (gasket & in cyl). Don't re-use..need to replace w/HD gaskets (non-SE) to ensure good seal.

Can't help you w/the tuner b/c I run TFI, but I'm sure one of our other members can assist. Good luck w/the exhaust UG - V&H are one of the best.

Attachments

• HD-Gasket1.jpg
    HD-Gasket1.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 5
  • port-pic.bmp
    148.4 KB · Views: 2
Back