free website stats program 2011 fatbob cams | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 fatbob cams

jdaws

took apart the bike monday nite, remove the cam plate and installed new cam bearings took me 1.5 hrs. had it narrowed down to two different cams. the only problem was coming up with a close fuel map for support. after talking to brian and keith of fuel moto they assured me they could help me.they are the only company that gave me good technical answers and sound judement to the cams they install each day. I went with the woods 555. in my fatbob brian stated you are driving a dyna not a bagger. i ordered the cams they cam friday. reassemble the cam plate install new orings. install smith brothers adjustable push rods set them 3 3/4 turns or 22.5 flats on stock lifters per brian at fuel moto. locktite all fasteners and torque to specs,install v&h staggered big shots back on and re flashed pcv with update from keith at fuel moto. job took four hrs to complete. saturday morning turned key on started instanly, when idle slowed down has a nice lope to it. and as far as any valve train noise thats alot of (EDIT) thats going around, as quiet as it was before I took it apart. took it for short ride in town it sounds great when you get to a stop sign and pull the clutch in idle drops fast and you can tell it cammed.
at 30 mph in third gear you can feel it jerk alittle, reminds me of my 69 nova with the high lift cam i had in it. at 35 mph it smooths out, going out of town i rolled the throttle back and it pull good and then she starts to come alive shifted into 4th and looked at speedo over 80 mph.big big improvement over stock set up glad i did it cam out great.

Moderator Note: Please read our rules on language

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back