free website stats program 2011 Engine Idle Temperature Management. System (EITMS) | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Engine Idle Temperature Management. System (EITMS)

vanzant68

I have a 2011 Softail Heritage Classic. I'm interested in "turning on" the Engine Idle Temperature Management System (EITMS). If I understand correctly this feature automatically shuts off rear cylinder at stops and auto restarts.

According to my owners manual this feature comes from the factory in the OFF position. The manual says you have to go to the dealer to get them to turn it on.

Does anyone know if and how I can do it myself?

Thanks for any help

Unless it changed fm 2009, touring bike manual says to enable EITMS:

1. Turn on ignition switch & push engine off/run switch (right handlebar) to the "run" position (don't start bike).
2. Push throttle to roll-off position and hold.
3. After ~3-sec, the cruise indicator lamp will either flash "green" (EITMS enabled) or "red" (EITMS disabled).
4. Repeat procedure as needed to enable/disable EITMS.

Should be pretty similar for your 2011...I'd think..??

I'v read those directions and here's a follow up question: my bike doesn't have cruise control...so there's no green or red light for it.

Any other ideas?

The steps that Iceman gave you are still the same for 2011. As far as not having a cruise light, I would either talk to one of the techs at the dealer or call an indy, can't hurt. BTW, the first time it shuts the rear cylinder off, be prepared for the " What the heck" feeling:D

Looks like your off to the dealer as your manual states. From what I have heard they will turn it on once at no charge.

Are you sure it is reaching the temperature where it is supposed to cut off??

Back