free website stats program 2011 Electra Glide engine heat | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Electra Glide engine heat

eagle1966

just got EG about 2 weeks ago, noticing that the engine seems to be putting off more heat than my 02 softail any thoughts

just got EG about 2 weeks ago, noticing that the engine seems to be putting off more heat than my 02 softail any thoughts

Yep. Bigger engine.

If you have not done anything to it yet, it is OEM EPA lean. You will need to add some fuel to reduce the AFR some. If you are gonna do Stage 1 soon, you can add fuel then. If you are gonna wait on Stage 1, you should add fuel sooner. Check out fuelers or tuners. Depends on how much you want to do to the engine which direction you take.

A FULL synthetic engine oil will reduce heat a bit. And if you are running your lower fairings, you might consider removing them in the Summer months. Makes a big difference.

TQ

And you have a catalytic convertor just behind your right foot that gets very hot and emits lots of heat.
I switched to V&H header pipes on my EGL

You're gonna have nothing but trouble with that bike. I think you should give it to me. :D
(just trying to be helpful here)
:p

Just bought new EGL also and just waiting to pick up. My question is will a TFI take care of the fuel problem or will need something Else. Do I need to break in the engine first, just trying to read and learn and eventually do a stage 1.

I dealt with this on my 08 EGC for three years. Tried Xied's and the TFI, both made the bike run richer but didn't really seem to lessen heat. It took a full stage 1 kit to really make it noticeable. Prior to Stage 1, my bike would go into heat management at almost every stop light when riding in the summer, remember I live in Central florida. After installing the Stage 1, my bike hasn't went into heat management at all, despite getting stuck in traffic while in Sarasota in 95* heat. I can attest, the Stage 1 definately cooled it off.

I do run full synthetic (much better engine protection at high temps) and change every 5k. Will probably install an oil cooler this year also.

Enjoy your ride.

Back