free website stats program 2010's - Cam chain, or gear? | Harley Davidson Forums

2010's - Cam chain, or gear?

Keithhu

Probably a goofy question, but I'm new to all of this, I appreciate your patience.

The case on my 2010 FLSTC has the indentation where the cam chain inspection plate would be, but of course its not drilled out.

So does that mean there's no chain to adjust, is there a cam gear?

Probably a goofy question, but I'm new to all of this, I appreciate your patience.

The case on my 2010 FLSTC has the indentation where the cam chain inspection plate would be, but of course its not drilled out.

So does that mean there's no chain to adjust, is there a cam gear?
=========================================================
I don't know of an indent on the Right side, cam chest/timer cover.
Do you mean in the middle of the Left case? If so, that is the primary side, and yes there is a chain in there, but it has a hydraulic tensioner and does not need adjusting, hence the factory did away with the inspection cover.

Last edited:
=========================================================
I don't know of an indent on the Right side, cam chest/timer cover.
Do you mean in the middle of the Left case? If so, that is the primary side, and yes there is a chain in there, but it has a hydraulic tensioner and does not need adjusting, hence the factory did away with the inspection cover.

Slight correction here, the primary side doesn't have an adjustment window after the 07 bikes and it is mechanically adjustable, not hydraulically adjustable. You are probably confusing the cam chain tensioner in the newer bikes (07 on) which is on the right side and is hydraulically adjustable.

07 Primary Chain Tensioner Pics - Harley Davidson Community

Back