2010 WideGlide battery question

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Sebastian1524, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Sebastian1524

Sebastian1524 New Member

What is the easiest way to hook up my battery tender to the battery?

Do I need to take off the seat first or is there another way? Thanks!

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Do you have a owners manual, it will show how to remove the battery, you may need to file or notch the cover for the pigtails:s

3. bwalsh22

bwalsh22 Junior Member

I would recommend taking the seat off, just so you have a full view of all angles, find the best position and get the pigtail in the place you want it. It is simple enough to take off and put back on.

4. Spade5

Spade5 Active Member

I didn't even know the dealer had installed the pig tail on mine so you may have one as well. I bought a battery tender and took the battery cover off to install the pigtail and there was already one there. It was tie wrapped to the frame and I had never noticed it.

What I did find was the battery cover was wearing through the insulation very slightly so I rerouted it.

5. SilverFoXD

SilverFoXD Active Member Contributor

Here are photos of the notch in my Dyna's battery box. I used wire cutters to start the notch then a dremel cutter to smooth everything out. The dremel would have been sufficient, and the whole job took less than five minutes.

Attached Files:

6. brutal

brutal Member

Theres a single phillips screw on the bottom of the batt cover. After thats off it pops right off. Most dealers install a pigtail harness on all bikes. You might have one hanging down underneath the battery by your starter!