free website stats program 2010 Wide Glide | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Wide Glide

I'm not saying I don't like it. I like street bob and I like wide glide... this ain't either... or both... or... I'm corn fused.

No flow to the bike like the Wide Glides of the past. Strange without the signature bobtail fender. And what's with that headlight?

This model should have had it's own new name. Then it would be accepted as a new model, and not compared to previous versions. Calling it a "Wide Glide" opens it up to comparisons, and it doesn't make the grade.:bigsmiley19:

No flow to the bike like the Wide Glides of the past. Strange without the signature bobtail fender. And what's with that headlight?
If you ask me all the Dyna's look the same. Every model looks the same except for the Fat Bob. Harley needs to spruce this line up, or drop a model or two.

I just bought a new 2010 Wide Glide and I love it. I looked at all the models and test road a bunch but this bike just felt right. I also liked the old style Wide Glide but I just wasn't in the market then.

I just bought a new 2010 Wide Glide and I love it. I looked at all the models and test road a bunch but this bike just felt right. I also liked the old style Wide Glide but I just wasn't in the market then.

CONGRATS on your new ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post some pics???????????????????????????????????????????
how does it handel out on the road???????????????????????
:SOUTHCAROLINA

Love the flame job, but dont like the demise of the 'apes' 'bobbed fender' and whats with the black wheel rims..aint the WG sposed to be the top of the range dyna ?...Il keep my 97...for now:20:

Just seen the 'flamejob' WG today, I like the tank and thats about it, needs a bobtail fender, and mini apes, dont like it as much as my '97...and wheres the chrome gone ???

Yes take no notice of us, enjoy your new bike, did you get the flame one ?...Im kinda biased, I like my old 97 and dont see anything in Harleys lineup at the moment to wanna make me change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I just joined this forum some minutes ago and read about your comments. In April I made my motorcycle lycense (it's never too late :s and in Germany it's not possible to do it on one week-end) and started riding a 1200 Sportster 2007 which was much fun. But when riding longer than 45 minutes on the 'hole-streets' of VA I didn't feel comfortable anymore. As I wasn't used to the Wide Glide before, I just love the new Wide Glide, just got it 3 days ago and still may neither believe it nor stopping to ride. Love the whole design. Just got a rack-bag for my Sportster for my birthday 2 months ago which doesn't fit that much anymore. And I don't find any other bags fitting on this bike... Does somebody know what's possible on the Dyna except the posted very-low-bag of the blue Dyna???

If you ask me all the Dyna's look the same. Every model looks the same except for the Fat Bob. Harley needs to spruce this line up, or drop a model or two.

mmmm.... I don't fully agree on that.
The Fat Bob is clearly different, but a SuperGlide Custom and a Street Bob are both different as well!

Ah perhaps... yes, in US (not here in Europe) you have two very similar models I don't understand the difference yet: The SuperGlide and the SuperGlide Custom (only the latter is in European Range... or at least in Italian one).
Maybe this similarity caused your statement.

Regarding the Wide Glide my first impression (confirmed so far) is that HD wanted to create a new model using spare parts from others, a sort of "Frankenstein" of a bike! :p

This is obviously related to cost reduction, like the elimination from the range of the Night Train and Softail Custom, redundant models with the new Wide Glide: low seat and a large and thin front wheel... and now cheaper and more actractive for potential Customers! :s

I don't like this kind of bikes too much: I preferred and bought the Street Bob instead of a Night Train also because of the thicker front wheel (and the lower price of course!)

My fear for the future is that HD won't create "true" new models, but will mostly "restyle" the current ones.
Also the introduction of a new black paint for the Fat Boy and the XR1200 is another step in this direction: they claim to have a new model, but it's the old one repainted and with some minor (and low production cost) additions.

This is a good approach for the MoCo if temporary, but dangerous if prolonged in the next years.

My opinion.
Ciao
Ugo

Back