free website stats program 2010 VSRC Slip clutch | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 VSRC Slip clutch

08gwbuffalo

Would like to know what slip clutch means.Was at the dealer today looking at the 2010 vrsc Night Rod Special and nobody could explain to me what or how this slip clutch operates.

How does the clutch not slip during accel? Is it some kind of sprag-gear design or centrifical fly weights.
Thanks Hobbit and Merry Christmas.

so your saying its like a lockup on accel and slips on decell? to help you maintain control ?

Thanks for the update.You would think that the dealer would have a little bit more knowledge of the product they are selling when ?'s are asked.
It sounds like a good feature to have.

Happy Hoildays.

thats a neat concept but the question is why dont they use them in everything then? harder on the clutch or not needed ?

I have a 08 NRS and yes they started putting them on the Vrods in 2008 , and they help a whole bunch on Vrod they rev really high, dont forget its no problem at all to hit 90 MPH in second gear on a Vrod , most guys whith older models upgrade to a slipper there is not much of a price diffrence I think is just about 300 and all Vrod guys that do performance upgrades like bore kits and cams have to do it the stock older setup will insure problems of slipping if you dont , and yes the buell 1125s have them I have a 09 CR but have not used the slipper yet as I am still breaking it in , but looking foward to seeing how it works on this torque monster,just a incredible machine for the money

Back