free website stats program 2010 Ultra with ABS ?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Ultra with ABS ??

I would definitely make it their problem. When it comes to brakes you don't settle for anything less then perfect and the way it should be, nmot "they all do that".

Call HS customer relations and speak to them stressing that it is a safety hazard.

Just came back from a 2000 mile ride. The front brake is driving me nuts. After a long day of rideing the front brake lever is soft and the travel is almost to the grip. The next morning when I start out it is back to normal. Also notice that when it is soft If I get the ABS to actuate the lever goes back to normal. This cant be correct its going back to the dealer next week. One of those solinoids in the ABS unit has to be bypassing fluid.

There is something definetley wrong. I have ABS and they act nothing like that. In fact, they act just about normal until the activate. Bring it in and tell them to fix it. Contact a HD representative. It is a safety hazard no doubt.:no

Definitely some wrong, the lever should NEVER get close to the grip under any circumstance...as Glider says, make sure HD dealer understands that it is a safety issue, and definitely would have been picked up as a latent defect by their R&D department..."--if they all did it..."!!!

If it were a car or truck ill bet u have a by pass problem I work on auto bakes every day I would not accept this as normal do harley abs systems set a abs code like cars and how do u retrieve the codes back to the dealer

ABS only works when it's needed to under hard braking, otherwise it does nothing. When the controller is in bypass mode, you have a direct link between the brake lever and caliper action, or simply stated "normal braking." If the ABS system is inadvertently activating or a valve is stuck, your brakes will actually be stiffer with less braking force.

If manual bleeding removes a few air bubbles, either you have a leak somewhere or you're boiling your brake fluid (unlikely unless you race).

If the brake lever sinks to the grip, but no leak can be found you may have a bad master cylinder (bad seal).

However, if the grip just feels mushy in general, you may want to consider some stainless steel brake hoses to stiffen up the general feel. Regular brake hoses flex quite a bit when you apply pressure and the longer the hose, the mushier the feel.

Back