free website stats program 2010 Ultra with ABS ?? | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Ultra with ABS ??

Joe2007ultra

My 2010 Ultra has ABS. When I got it I thought the front brake lever feel was soft. I had the dealer bleed it and there was no change. Then I did the overnight bleeding with the lever compressed and the lever was hard as a rock the the next day.

But after a few days of rideing the lever gets soft again. There are no leeks and the brakes work great.

The question I have for all you 2010 guys with ABS is. Do you notice the lever feel on the ABS front brake to be softer than older models without ABS. My 2007 front brake lever was always hard as a rock.

Last edited:
Thanks Hobbit

It must be something with the ABS unit that equalizes the pressure. I can Bleed this front brake and get it hard as a rock. Then after rideing it , it gets softer. I have even checked many front brake levers on bikes on the floor of dealerships and they all seem to be soft.

They work great but after rideing the 2007 for so long with the Hard front lever it is takeing me a long time to get used to this feel.

My 2010 Ultra has ABS. When I got it I thought the front brake lever feel was soft. I had the dealer bleed it and there was no change. Then I did the overnight bleeding with the lever compressed and the lever was hard as a rock the the next day.

But after a few days of rideing the lever gets soft again. There are no leeks and the brakes work great.

The question I have for all you 2010 guys with ABS is. Do you notice the lever feel on the ABS front brake to be softer than older models without ABS. My 2007 front brake lever was always hard as a rock.

As dealers are fond of saying, "they all do that". In this case they do. Mine is only a tad soft on the first pull, rear is the same but less noticeable.

TL

When I first picked up my 09 Ultra with ABS I just barely had to touch the front brake level to get good braking. After just a couple of days it got what you guys say is soft. Works great but I persoannly liked it better those 1st few days even if it's normal now.

Thats interesting hoggy. I can bleed mine back to where it is hard as a rock. Then Like you said after a couple of days it is mushy again. No leaks just gets soft after rideing it for a couple of days. Would love to get an answer from MOCO but the dealer just says it's normal.

Thats interesting hoggy. I can bleed mine back to where it is hard as a rock. Then Like you said after a couple of days it is mushy again. No leaks just gets soft after rideing it for a couple of days. Would love to get an answer from MOCO but the dealer just says it's normal.

It sounds like when you bleed the brakes you are basicaly confusing the ECM.Its job it to compare deceleration between the 2 wheels and open and close the valves in the mastercylender accordingly.

Although you may like the feel of the lever after bleeding you are more than likely operating the bike at less than optimal braking performance at that time.

HowStuffWorks "The ABS System"

My 2010 Ultra Limited has a softer front brake lever presure compared to my 04 FHLT non ABS. Just got to get used to it. Brakes work great. Don't have to worry about locking them up. Stops in a hurry. :bigsmiley24:

Just came back from a 2000 mile ride. The front brake is driving me nuts. After a long day of rideing the front brake lever is soft and the travel is almost to the grip. The next morning when I start out it is back to normal. Also notice that when it is soft If I get the ABS to actuate the lever goes back to normal. This cant be correct its going back to the dealer next week. One of those solinoids in the ABS unit has to be bypassing fluid.

Back