free website stats program 2010 Ultra Squealing brakes | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Ultra Squealing brakes

tubguy

I have a 2010 Ultra classic with ABS brakes< it has just a little over 2500 miles (44ookms). Since I've owned the bike the squeel when comming up to a stop, both front and back. Been to Dealer and they filed edges and put some anti squeel lube on. Worked great for like 100 miles but doing the same thing. I was told stock pads have more metal in them (dealer) and this creates the squeal.

Is there a product out there or has anyone had the same issue??

I coat the back of brake pads with copper grease this dampens out the vibration of the pads that causes the squeal

Brian

I coat the back of brake pads with copper grease this dampens out the vibration of the pads that causes the squeal

Brian

Napa Silglide will also work, do your pads have shims on them, make sure they are in place and not cocked

the age of any of the components does not affect whether brakes will squeal or not it is the interaction of all the components
but is often associated with the pads not moving smoothly the paint on the edges of the pad backing plate can blister due to the heat caused by braking and slightly jam the pad

Brian

I apply small finger size dabs of toothpaste on rotor both sides 6 per. stops squeel i use the free paste the dentest gives me small tube,,

I apply small finger size dabs of toothpaste on rotor both sides 6 per. stops squeel i use the free paste the dentest gives me small tube,,

Ultrat - are you saying you're putting dabs of toothpaste onto the rotor surface itself to stop brake squeal? I've never heard of that.

Ultrat - are you saying you're putting dabs of toothpaste onto the rotor surface itself to stop brake squeal? I've never heard of that.

This is a good idea mild abrassive to clean up the rotors, well done:p

Back