free website stats program 2010 ultra limited | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 ultra limited

Hello all, i am a newbie who has been lurking for some time and finally joined! This is really a great site. I thought i would start by giving a truthfull impression of the newest ultra. I am coming off a 2000 roadking and all i can say is "holy-cow". This bike handles like nothing i have ever ridden,the 103 is everything i expected and more. She is a beauty, i bought the red/black one! I wanted a ultra that was a little different and that is what guided me towards it. It does have some quirks that i am adjusting to, such as the first gear whine. All others are smooth as glass! The notorious "clunk" when dropping into first from nuetral is louder than any other harley i have owned. I put on a set of lower shocks to get my feet firmly planted, that may have been a mistake as now when i have my wife on we bottom out more than normal. Overall i am very happy with my purchase and did i mention that the 103 is everything i expected. POWER everywhere. I have owned 4 harleys including a 1200 sporty and none of them are even close to being a match for this one! Well that was long-winded enough. Thanks to all for the wisdom that i have found on this site.

Welcome aboard. Lots of great info here and in the heads of your fellow members as I think you have already discovered.

I suggest you change out all your lubricants based on the suggestions here:

Oil Suggestions For Harleys - Harley Davidson Community

See here too:

Synthetic Oils In New Motors - Harley Davidson Community

This may quiet down the tranny some more.

TQ

Welcome from south bend ind. i like 35 psi. in shocks. put on older se , pipes i had & got a Moflo a/f, stage 1 d/l on my 09 ultra & it rons much better than stock.

Hey Welcome to the forum and thanks for the write up. One of the new things for 2010 is the new fifth gear, no more whine. Best T

:p Whine is the best part,:small3d018: after you put get some miles on the bike you don't notice whine. it kind of like lissinting to your old lady it's just part of the ride,:bigsmiley24:

TQ, thx for the advice. I am going to go with redline all the way around and see what happens! Ulrat, i am currently up to 30psi and still adjusting. I have read alot of posts on here about the hd lowering shocks not being very good. Maybe that is my problem! And by the way i also used the break in procedure of 30-60-30 X 10 of gliders (i believe). I have always broken in my bikes on back country roads as i would ride them, constantly changing my speeds and rpms. Gliders theory seemed to have some good merits to it, so i did both. THX Glider for all your wisdom. Just out of curiosity, are you a wrench? Sure seem to have alot of common sence about you!

Moxie, are you sure about that HP rating, I have an 05 Ultra Classic with a 95" motor, cams, and cnc ported heads, and I got 85HP right now, going to get retuned this week to squeeze out some more, that just does not seeem right for a 103" motor?

i have 25psi in them right now and i have been adjusting them up ever since i got the bike.

Congrats on a great bike. I question your 25 PSI in your shocks. I have a 2010 Street Glide and it says with 2 passengers I should be between 35-40 PSI. And if you lowered your bike, I'm assuming you put the HD Profile Low Shocks - which are the same as a SG.

So try cranking it up to 35-40 and see what happens with bottoming out.

Congrats again.

Glider i am not surprised! After reading alot of your posts in the self-help section i thought so. Monsoon as for the shocks, yes i did go with the HD's. I just pumped em up to 35psi today, so we shall see. I see you have a street glide, i take it you have yours up around 35. If so do you bottom em out or are they doing good? When i picked up my bike from the dealer they only had 5psi in em.

I also have the limited and was surprised about how often i was bottoming out. I got the air pump and at 40 psi I seldom bottom out even when riding 2-up.

The temps around here have been around 30 in the mornings, I am loving the heated grips.

I am thinking that when it gets a bit colder I may convert the lowers to chimineas. Would I have to go to a third party for these or does HD sell them?

Back