free website stats program 2010 Ultra Classic running hot | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Ultra Classic running hot

My 09 runs hot but I think mines is better than most bikes. But sitting at a long light on a 98degree day the rear cylinder will cut out. So I try to avoid those lights if I can. But on the open road it is fine.

My 09 runs hot but I think mines is better than most bikes. But sitting at a long light on a 98degree day the rear cylinder will cut out. So I try to avoid those lights if I can. But on the open road it is fine.

Many seem to forget that The NEWER Bigger bikes DO heat faster...

cu. inches = HEAT * CAT converters = HEAT * sitting in NO breeze = HEAT

LEAN fuel mixtures = HEAT

3 of above can be avoided.. I won't De Tune to less cu.inches

Even on a backed-up highway, I always TRY to find a way out of back-up to cooler pastures OR pull OFF and Shut OFF.

The Full stage one i have, and without CATS, using TFI, Also Helps to keep bike cool Longer at stops.

One NICE thing about the 09's is NO CATS...

That is One reason I bought the 09 Instead of the 2010 model sitting behind it.... When the 10's hit the floor, it didn't take long to compare the differences and the CATS got my attention right away.....

If I had a 2010,11, I would gladly BUY a set of 09 headers to put on OR go with the Full exhaust change, BUT SAVE ALL the stock stuff..... NEVER Know when you might Have to Put them back on..

signed....BUBBIE

Back