free website stats program 2010 style exhausts on 2008? | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 style exhausts on 2008?

leo13

My wife likes riding on the back of my 2008 FLHTC but on hot days has mentioned (she's not a complainer so I take this seriously) exhaust heat on her right leg. I like the 2010 style (under frame) and wonder if something like that is available for my bike? I'm also thinking true duals. Could I retain my SE mufflers with either setup? I'm willing to lose a little power since I think my Stage 1 has plenty.

Vance and Hines true duals will allow you to use your SE mufs, see Drag Specialties Part # 1800-0465. I don't see an application that will allow you to use the under frame arrangement on your 08 EGC.
For your rider, have you considered a 2 into 1 ??

I just put the Full Sac kit on mine and it took care of this, I was in the same boat as you.

Hi BILLNAPABILL,

I have an 08 Streetglide with an Ness Big Sucker Air filter kit, Vance and Hines True Dual Headers, and Thundercone (Thunderheader) Slip-ons. I also have Panacea LED tail lights.

I recently purchased a PCIIIUSB and selected map M818-026 for "2008 HD Touring Model *Adv. Map* True Dual headers, thundercone slip-ons, Screamin' Eagle air filter, Stock ECM, Rev Xtend enabled." I installed the map properly, however here's my problem:

When on the throttle in 1st at 4000 RPM, 2nd at 4,250 RPM, or 3rd gear at 4,250 RPM (it probably happens in 4th, 5th, and 6th too, haven't gone that fast) the bike stutters, loses power, Tachometer drops, and then it backfires and starts up again.

Any ideas? Powercommander says it has an issue with custom led lights for map 109-411. (See quote below)

Applicable to 109-411
Symptom: The bike randomly cuts out or sputters while riding.

If custom LED tail lights are being used, they may give off interference up the line that causes the Power Commander to loose its 12 volt reference for power and shut off. The power wire (Red wire with bullet connector terminals) will need to be relocated to a keyed, solid 12 volt power source.

Would love any feedback. You guys seem very knowledgable.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem. Put on V&H head pipes true duels, stage 1, and have changed mufflers 2 times. All works well and no more hot legs for the Mrs. I saw no power loss, but don't have it dyno'd.

I'm not sure if the 2010 exhaust will fit. Even if it would, it would be the worst choice for your bike as it has cats in the headpipes. Try a true dual, I did and I really like it. A TFI or PC will richen up the bike and cool it off as well and is recommended if you do pipes and an air cleaner. good luck.

mark72 - I don't know what the full Sac kit means. So far V&H looks like the best option if I can keep my SE mufflers (I like the tone).

Thanks glider, we have a winner. BTW, I really miss DD - IMO the best beer in the world, bar none. I've had it in London, wasn't great, seen it CONUS once or twice but didn't try it fearing the same letdown as the export Newcastle :newsmile042:

Back