free website stats program 2010 Streetglide Windshield | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Streetglide Windshield

i rode 20 + years without a windshield or fairing untill my 07 FLHX i still have the stock windshield on it and love it i didnt get hit with one bug last year! i am on the shorter side 5-7 and have a dropped seat so i think i sit lower than most on the bike the one thing you need to get use to is all that faring on windy days takes a little of getting use to 7k later and i love it!!

Yes, buffeting w/the stock SG w/s will drive you "batty" (similar to Chinese water torture). This was the 1st accessory I replaced & went w/the 8.5" Klock Werks b/c I have the 3-pouch t-bags on the inside & everything fits perfectly. Now the wing & bugs all route around me - hear the stereo better too.

I have an 09 SG and have 4 different windshields that I can change out in about 60 seconds depending on my riding. Around town and short rides I use the stock shield, a 6.5" Klockwerks for longer rides and a clear weather forecast, a 8" recurve for rides with a not so good forecast and a 10" recurve when I going on long rides when I'm unsure if there will be rain. I will say that if I had to choose only 1 windshield it would be the 6.5" Klockwerks.

You will notice a huge difference between no windshield and a fairing. Even with stock wind deflector. Whether or not you notice buffeting, or if it bothers you depends alot on height and riding style. I'm about 5'10" tall and have never had a problem with my 07's deflector! Great news is there are literally hundreds of options. Ride it for awhile and then decide.

My personal oppinion, it is worse with a stock 4" windshield on a FLHX then a bike with no fairing or windshield. With the stock windshield my glasses would bounce on my nose and I wear a half helmet and the wind going by the straps was deafining. Didn't have those problems on other bikes. But with the 8" Clearview recurve I still see over the windshield but eliminated all the buffeting. Now I absolutely love the bike!!!!!

I also found the stock 4 incher to be worthless and iritating, In my opinion the street glide should come stock with an 8 inch shield, even though I put a 12 on mine.

Harley-Davidson did also just introduced a new windshield, similar to the Klockwerks style called the Wind Splitter. It could definately help you as well.

I can't really say much about riding without the windshield since it's been a few years since I rode the Road King without one but my thoughts are that because of the fairing on the SG you will encounter more directed air at your head on the SG. I would suggest at the minimum an 8-9 inch windshield. I bought the 8" clearview but I have also seen a sale at Long Ride sheilds and they appear to be similar to KlokWerks. A buddy just bought a 7" for his 09 SG and is on his way to daytona where I'm sure he will give it a big test.

Home - Harley Windshields FLHX FLHT FLHTC FLHTCU

Back