free website stats program 2010 Street glide ??? | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Street glide ???

obchoice

2 questions...(1) I have a service manual on order but meanwhile on my recently purchased used 2010 street glide there is a rubberized button on the left side midway up on the batwing, the manual says Function Button but doesn't explain what it does when I push it in and out...What does it do? (2) I don't believe the kickstand extends forward enough for my liking. It seems to not go forward enough and not sit flat...Can it be adjusted by that bolt that is top center on the hardware? Any thoughts??? Thanks

I think what you're referring to is the odometer/trip/fuel miles to empty button....Push and look at odometer!

Now that sounds logical, thanks I will try that, the manual just points out that it is a function button...Thanks

if you look at where the kickstand mounts to the frame you'll see where there is a fork like locking device that insures that the stand can not go to far back or foward - as long as the stand is locked in you don't have to worry about it folding up

Ok, I will look but what un-nerves me is that the base of the stand doesn't sit flat on the ground in comparison to my 02 Fatboy that is perfectly flush with the ground...Thanks for the Intel.

If you're not comfortable with the way the stand is you might want to bring it back to the dealer - a 2010 should still be under warranty, also you can look at another Street glide to compair how it sits before going to the dealer so they can't tell you it's normal if it's not.

Ok, I will look but what un-nerves me is that the base of the stand doesn't sit flat on the ground in comparison to my 02 Fatboy that is perfectly flush with the ground...Thanks for the Intel.

You can also set the clock with that button. As 89fxrs has stated if the stand is in the detents no need to worry. But make sure when kickstand deployed it ends up there...

Back