free website stats program 2010 Street Glide FLHX | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Street Glide FLHX

skcm2006

Just looked at the 2010 FLHX on line - I am not a fan of the single pipe - the left side looks bare - Once I hear it I will make my final call but visually I like my 09 much more.

Anyone see any other differences?

I looked at the specs - line by line and I did not see any changes in the specs - even with the new 5th gear the ratio (3.407) is still the same.

So the only thing I am seeing is a change in the color options, a different 5th gear and 2-1 exhaust. Which I think the 2-1 exhaust takes so much away from the left side of the bike.

The other changes I see they increase their prices for an FLHX-

Base price for the Bike remained the same :)
Color option increased $30
Custom color option increased $40
Security option increased $25
ABS option increased $50
Cruise control option increased $25
Shipping increased by $5
California emmissions stayed the same.

I am thinking I am glad I got an '09!!!!!

Good catch - I didn't see that - I am don't like that either, I want a little more brake light and thinking of adding the $89 option to take the bottom light and conver it to a brake light as well.

Hmmm

in the specs sheet it says that the exhaust is still the same, but the picture shows the single exhaust. maybe its an option? its standard on the RG custom(shark-nosed SG).

I'm riding an 09 and that 2-1-2 exhaust isn't that great. I know its unbalanced duals but 80-90% of the exhaust is through the left side(sitting) of the bike. I too it in and the fiddled with it and got it better but the only way to correct it is through installing true dauls. Doesn't sound bad and I have to admit the appearance is much nicer than a 2-1. Guess I'm saying don't get too hung up on the duals. I'm better it even runs better with a 2-1 exhaust.

i'm not to sure about the 2010 flhx myself. the rear fender lack of tail light exhaust. over all not really impressed my self like my 2009 myself but the new front wheel is a 18 inch wheel i would have liked that. but like i said earlyer today the new rg is a sg just diff faring.

If anything the cost for harley is less with only 1 muffler. And in this economy every penny counts. I dont like it only having 1 muffler, it looks unbalanced.

I love my 07 StreetGlide, and was waiting for the 2010 SE model. After seeing what came out I'm thinking...maybe there are great deals to be had on left-over 09s! Any truth to 09s having frame problems?

Back