2010 Street Glide exhaust

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by brockjohnny, Sep 29, 2009.

1. brockjohnny

brockjohnny Member

I was about to get a d&d boss slip on until I found out only 3% gain due to restriction of catalytic converter. Any advice out there if it is removeable so I dont have to go to full pipe to get the 12-15%?

2. boneman

boneman Member

read the thread about "no tuner needed"...there is some info you might be looking for there.
    i'm also looking for exhaust options for my 2010 street glide...
    v&h will be next month so they say...
    let me know how you do!

3. boneman

boneman Member

forgot to mention the "no tuner needed" is in the exhaust section...sorry!

4. billnapabill

billnapabill Active Member

WOW.........I thought they only put the Cat unit on CA motorcycles. The only way to get rid of the Cat system on my 09 was to replace all of it w/ an aftermarket system. I think there a few guys who tried to "drill it out" and there where some who cut it open, removed the element and welded it back together. But I think the Moderators'll tell ya not to wreck it, replace it, cuz you will most likely need it later. I kept my ol stuff cuz I know the Smog Gods are gonna come after me here in good ol' po'dunk CA.

5. JJDH

JJDH Active Member

the no tuner needed is me, i just got done installing the d and d full 2into1. pics there shortly

6. brockjohnny

brockjohnny Member

can't wait to see the pics and hear your impression of the performance.

7. lionsm53

lionsm53 Banned

That's one of the reasons why I purchased a new 09 Street Glide, non california model.