free website stats program 2010 Street Glide 2-1 exhaust - Why? | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Street Glide 2-1 exhaust - Why?

AZRobert

I've been kicking around getting a Road King or Street Glide - Debating on waiting for the 110th Anv models and comparing used ones.
I decided that I'd like to at least get the Chassis/Frame of the '09 and up, but I noticed that HD went back to single exhaust for the '10 Street Glide (not Road King) then back to the 2-1-2 set up in '11 and '12.

Does anyone know why? I definitly like the dual exhaust set up better - it just seems more "balanced". I've only come across a few 2010 models for sale - did the MC only do a short production run for the 2010 model year?

Cant answer your question. IMO you are going to put something else on it anyway.

I've been kicking around getting a Road King or Street Glide - Debating on waiting for the 110th Anv models and comparing used ones.
I decided that I'd like to at least get the Chassis/Frame of the '09 and up, but I noticed that HD went back to single exhaust for the '10 Street Glide (not Road King) then back to the 2-1-2 set up in '11 and '12.

Does anyone know why? I definitly like the dual exhaust set up better - it just seems more "balanced". I've only come across a few 2010 models for sale - did the MC only do a short production run for the 2010 model year?

HD thought that performance with the single muffler would be a hit and at the same time save a little money. Later realized it was not what people wanted so they switched back in 2011.

Good morning,
Im the happy owner of a 2010 street glide with the single. Days I wake up and I feel like having dealer install two pipes... other days I wake up and say.. "it looks unique".

If I had to do it all over again... Id go for the two pipes.

This was all about saving HD money..

Back