2010 Street Glide 2-1 exhaust - Why?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by AZRobert, Jun 7, 2012.

1. AZRobert

AZRobert Member

I've been kicking around getting a Road King or Street Glide - Debating on waiting for the 110th Anv models and comparing used ones.
    I decided that I'd like to at least get the Chassis/Frame of the '09 and up, but I noticed that HD went back to single exhaust for the '10 Street Glide (not Road King) then back to the 2-1-2 set up in '11 and '12.

Does anyone know why? I definitly like the dual exhaust set up better - it just seems more "balanced". I've only come across a few 2010 models for sale - did the MC only do a short production run for the 2010 model year?

2. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Cant answer your question. IMO you are going to put something else on it anyway.

3. oiler

oiler Active Member

HD thought that performance with the single muffler would be a hit and at the same time save a little money. Later realized it was not what people wanted so they switched back in 2011.

4. israguard

israguard Active Member

Good morning,
    Im the happy owner of a 2010 street glide with the single. Days I wake up and I feel like having dealer install two pipes... other days I wake up and say.. "it looks unique".

If I had to do it all over again... Id go for the two pipes.

This was all about saving HD money..