free website stats program 2010 Street Bob with TFI & VH pipes...Questions? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Street Bob with TFI & VH pipes...Questions?

you could remove the O2 sensors from the pipe as the TFI has O2 defeaters installed, but unless you have the correct tool you could damage the delicate Sensor, best to just tie up the wire carefully and leave them in the pipe,
if the bike runs a little rough swap the injector plugs around that come from the tfi and connect to the the injectors

Hobbit -- Do you think it makes a difference which connector plug is to which injector? If I remember right, the Dobeck directions said it didn't matter. Performance is definitely improved since I installed the TFI (stock '07 Dyna), but wonder if I should try changing the plugs around to see if it improves. Guess it wouldn't hurt anything to try. -- also, am installing the stage one in installments, with python staggereds next, then air cleaner upgrade. Any ideas on TFI settings with the pythons? (prior to the air cleaner?)

Jimmy

Jimmy, I spoke with Dobeck, they said it doesn't matter, however they do color code the wires to match the stock injector wire colors. When I asked them about that they said to match them up if I hadn't already installed them, but if I had, they said it really doesn't matter. So unless you are a stickler or had OCD don't worry about it as they say that it won't change a thing. And yes the instructions say it doesn't matter.

Alright, the verdict is in......the Vance & Hines are bolted on, the sreamin eagle air cleaner is in place, the Dobeck TFI is installed, the O2 sensor wires are coiled up and stowed.........turned the key (painful with the new locker style design - Harley really needs to improve this), clicked it on and pushed the button....

....it fired right up, the dobeck led flashed yellow for a split second, the green led kicked on as expected, the bike started no problem.....Note, I didn't mess with any of POT settings on the TFI, I left it as received from Dobeck. When rolling on the throttle fast I didn't notice any Led action. Dobeck said I might see something with a quick throttle roll, which is normal, but I didn't. The throttle response was great, the idle is perfect, the sound is AMAZING!!!

I let it warm up, noticed a little bit of smoke coming from the O2 sensors (anti-seize or hand oil burning off from when I installed them probably), few minutes later no smoke, rolled it out onto the open road and it performed like a whole new bike. It feels faster, runs ulta smooth and didn't have one problem with it on the 5 mile test ride. The sound is again AMAZING, I love the new mods, the combination works great!!!!

Anyone considering new pipes I highly recommend the Vance & Hines short shot Staggered (I choose black because it matches my bike). I also recommend the Dobeck TFI, it's virtually a drop in mod that fits under the seat perfectly. Since I didn't have to mess with the POT settings I didn't have to question what I was doing...great feeling when you're a novice.

I'll post a picture shortly. If anyone wants to know anything specific about the performance or mods let me know.

My expression right now is :D

Thanks again!

It's a great feeling hen everything works as expected and you did it yourself too.:D

Nothing like a job well done!

Here are a few pictures of the bike before the mods:

stock.jpg

side.jpg

right_side.jpg

Here are a few after the MODS:

custom.jpg

custom_cu.jpg

front_O2.jpg

TFI_wires.jpg

The bike was nice before, but now it's BAD (EDIT)!!!!!!

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Goveside45: Nice bike. Feels good when all the work is done and the results are what you wanted and expected. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!.

Gene

Got the same pipes in place, high flow filter as well but hidden under the football, this will change soon enough :)

Happy for you the job went well!

Now enjoy the ride!

Back