free website stats program 2010 Street Bob with TFI & VH pipes...Questions? | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Street Bob with TFI & VH pipes...Questions?

I have a brand new 2010 Dyna Street Bob, I just installed the screamin eagle air cleaner and vance and hines staggered pipes. I also just installed the dobeck TFI, and I have a few additional questions I was hoping one of you experts can help me with before I start her up.

The portion of the stock sensor that is screwed into the pipes, can they be removed completely and have port plugs installed, or can I just secure the wire and cap the end? I've seen other posts mention this but I still don't have a solid answer.

The portion of the O2 connector that is in the front behind the recepter and the one that is under the seat, do I need to install the little TFI bypass caps on both of them? I assume I do.

In terms of the actual injector connectors on the TFI, i assume I disconnect both stock injectors, plug in the TFI injectors and then replug the stock injectors into the additional two TFI connectors, right? The stock injectors are still used obviously. The install instructions are a little fuzzy on the reconnect procedure.

Even though I did everything I'm asking, I thought I should check before I proceed, seeing as I've never owned or worked on any motorcycle before. This is my first one....Go Harley!!!

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you've got your injector connections all right.

Do not remove your O2 sensors from the pipes and plug them. The O2 sensors are an integral part of your Closed Loop system. The ECM reads the O2 sensors and adjusts mixture based on those readings. Your TFI simply adds more fuel based on your ECM's calculation. It is possible to get rid of your O2 sensors and turn your system into an Open Loop system, but that would require an entirely new ECM and more....

The portion of the O2 connector that is in the front behind the recepter and the one that is under the seat, do I need to install the little TFI bypass caps on both of them? I assume I do.

I don't get what you're trying to do here. I suggest someone with a Doebeck TFI could understand you better.

Sounds like you've got your injector connections all right.

Do not remove your O2 sensors from the pipes and plug them. The O2 sensors are an integral part of your Closed Loop system. The ECM reads the O2 sensors and adjusts mixture based on those readings. Your TFI simply adds more fuel based on your ECM's calculation. It is possible to get rid of your O2 sensors and turn your system into an Open Loop system, but that would require an entirely new ECM and more....

I don't get what you're trying to do here. I suggest someone with a Doebeck TFI could understand you better.
Thanks Bigfoot. The two O2 sensors in the pipes (front and back) donot connect to anything now that the TFI is installed. TFI gives bypass caps (defeaters as the Hobbit puts it) that I used on the sensor connectors in the front frame area and under the seat. So in essence the pigtailed connectors coming from the pipes do not connect to anything. Is this not the correct setup with the TFI?

So I just talked with the guys at Dobeck, everything I've done is correct. The only thing that I do not need to do is plug in the bypass caps on the portion of the sensors that go to the ECU. From 09 back you needed this, but 2010 does not. The ECU will default when the sensor is not detected/installed.

Also, I was told that I should remove the 02 sensors from the pipes and bung them as the sensor will not collect carbon emissions when cold as it won't get hot, or something to that effect.

I guess I should have waited until today to call them, but dang it I hate waiting :).

Thanks,

Gloveside 45: Give us a report on how the bike preforms with your new mods???? I have almost the same setup. I did the stock pipes stage 1 ( W/ the BFH) and have the TFI and screaming Eagle breather of witch I just installed about one hr ago. It is raining like crazy out there now so no test ride for a while.

Gene

Thanks guys, i really appreciate your help!

No problem, later today when I get home I will let you know how it goes...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back