free website stats program 2010 SG too lean? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 SG too lean?

The TFI comes with SUGGESTED starting points.. I have found and am Sure the Dobeck techs will agree ::: Pot one (grn) needs to be adjusted to the Bike.. Directions say to warm bike to normal temp. Then place at 2000 RPM ... turning the #1 pot from under suggested setting to "UP" until the motor stumbles and says enough and too much ,,, (you will know) ,,, backing OFF the setting until it runs SMoooooth at that 2000 RPM.. This is the MAIN adjustment that NEEDS to be adjusted on each TFI to each bike and MIGHT be a little different than the suggested settings it came with...

Remember that settings are Suggested and need fine tune, especially the first pot..... Rest of my settings fell into their suggested ones!

On my TFI, I needed to go back into the Setting on pot ONE... IT was TOO Rich After installing SE255 cams.

The first pot(grn) needed to be Turned Down Just a WEE BIT from the suggested settings form Dobecks... Their suggested settings for my 09 FLHR full stage One, were Right On to start with but adding the cams required the PROPER setting on Pot #1 to be turned Down a bit to allow it to run EXCELLENTLY again...

signed....BUBBIE

Dobecks will be here shortly to give us the Right information after this week-end is over..

They are a PROUD MILITARY FAMILY and SALUTING "Veterans Day" just like All of us do..

Thanks Dobecks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did the GRN pot adjustment during install on a warm engine and double checked it again recently and that adjustment is on the money. Like I said in my initial post, it runs fine but I was just curious since pipes are super clean.

I'm a little concerned that maybe things are too lean. I thought after 1500 miles that there should be a little grayish color to the inside of pipes. thanks
Pete

It does not take 1500 for a change to be seen on the pipes. It does not even take 1/10 that much time.

It seems like when people hear the word "Dyno" their reasoning goes out the window. In almost all cases the Dyno's used by shops and dealerships are inertia dynos. Therefore the pulls must be done at wide open throttle.
That only takes into account 18 of the 216 possible air to fuel ratio cells (Delphi only). That leaves us with 90% of the fuel maps unaccounted for.

A lot of good responses to this question so our response just has to be to agree with everyone.

FACT: The quality of the fuel will depend on the soot build up on the pipe and how fast it might occur.

FACT: The way most shop operators conduct dyno runs is only at wide open throttle which leaves out most of the drive cycle we actually drive in.

FACT: If your bike is running smoothly with no noticeable surges, bad popping, or stalls AND your fuel mileage is in adequate range (35-45mpg) then ride with confidence that your bike is tuned correctly.

A lot of good responses to this question so our response just has to be to agree with everyone.

FACT: The quality of the fuel will depend on the soot build up on the pipe and how fast it might occur.

FACT: The way most shop operators conduct dyno runs is only at wide open throttle which leaves out most of the drive cycle we actually drive in.

FACT: If your bike is running smoothly with no noticeable surges, bad popping, or stalls AND your fuel mileage is in adequate range (35-45mpg) then ride with confidence that your bike is tuned correctly.

i agree %110
if your scoot is running lean u will notice it

Back