free website stats program 2010 roadking | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 roadking

If he is still considering the bike I would run the VIN thru the MOCO just because JMO:s

Mine new off the floor was listed for 18,999

got it for 17,200
Dealer also waived the shipping, prep, and gave me a $ 750 gift card for goodies
:D:D
That was about a month ago

Here in Central Canada the 2010 FLHR standard are on the floor right now for 20k flat!, FLHRC 20,900.
These are WITH a 3 year extended warranty (MOCO promotion). There is also probably 5-6 % wiggle room. Thinking of trading my 05 Classic.

Just curious as to what info are you looking for when calling MOCO with the VIN.
I don't think they release accident info or write offs.
Thanks

Mine new off the floor was listed for 18,999

got it for 17,200
Dealer also waived the shipping, prep, and gave me a $ 750 gift card for goodies
:D:D
That was about a month ago

Sir did you have to bargain hard to get a deal as this, or was the dealer very motivated to sell you a machine and make you a happy buyer?
Interesting contrast from what was going on in the 1990''s, in Harleyland. I visted a smaller HD dealer last week and they had 28 nice uses machines and 25 new machines on the floor for sale. At that same time a much larger dealer in the same state had about half or less that total amount on the flloor and it looked very picked over. I sense restriction of output from the factory is playing a role in this scenario, but what do I know?:small3d023:
For serious riders/consumers I just hope the motor company keeps making some nice quality machines for folks to buy and enjoy.

Sir did you have to bargain hard to get a deal as this, or was the dealer very motivated to sell you a machine and make you a happy buyer?
Interesting contrast from what was going on in the 1990''s, in Harleyland. I visted a smaller HD dealer last week and they had 28 nice uses machines and 25 new machines on the floor for sale. At that same time a much larger dealer in the same state had about half or less that total amount on the flloor and it looked very picked over. I sense restriction of output from the factory is playing a role in this scenario, but what do I know?:small3d023:
For serious riders/consumers I just hope the motor company keeps making some nice quality machines for folks to buy and enjoy.

I did have to bargain al little.
I checked the priced paid wqas 17,450
They had the bike marked down to 18,099.
when i went to my dealer they had all of their 2010's marked down, alittle, with signs saying they were waiving the ship and prep fees, also giving a $750 gift card.

I test road a RK, went back in walked around, and the salesman kept coming to me, and i kept saying i dont know....well they closed at 5:00 and it was a that time, and i said i would call monday and let him know...he kept on me, to put $$ down...i asked if he could do any more, he said no, i said well i will let you know...then he stopped me agin at the door, and i told him if he would knock off another 500, i would put 500 down.. :D .. i am sure you know the ending

I would stay away from the auction bikes. There's a reason they ended up there. I looked at an auction bike and thought it was a great deal until I brought a friend with me who does custom work on Harley's. Within 5 minutes he saw that there was some work done near the back tire.
2 days later I found a great deal on a dealer's site in Wisonsin (I'm from Jersey). I bargained for more off their asking price and they shipped it to me for no extra charge, and included a warranty for me.
My suggestion - either take someone with you that knows what to look for or just keep looking as you'll find a great bike at a good price

I did have to bargain al little.
I checked the priced paid wqas 17,450
They had the bike marked down to 18,099.
when i went to my dealer they had all of their 2010's marked down, alittle, with signs saying they were waiving the ship and prep fees, also giving a $750 gift card.

I test road a RK, went back in walked around, and the salesman kept coming to me, and i kept saying i dont know....well they closed at 5:00 and it was a that time, and i said i would call monday and let him know...he kept on me, to put $$ down...i asked if he could do any more, he said no, i said well i will let you know...then he stopped me agin at the door, and i told him if he would knock off another 500, i would put 500 down.. :D .. i am sure you know the ending

Thanks for posting all of the above. This will help other folks. Your choice of machines was very sage. I am on my 3rd RK. My life would not be happy without one.:s

Back