free website stats program 2010 Road Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Road Glide

MrFah

Oopps may have sent the post prematurely. Anyway also wondering when a slip-on exhaust may be available. How about service manuel? Do you think I can use the '09 version? Seems to me I need the 2010 so when will that be available?

Anyway I'd be interested in hearing anyone's comments about the bike. So far I'm really enjoying it and I'm ready to do my 1000 mile service soon as I carve out a little time to work on it.

I'm getting one when I get back from Germany when a black denium one is available. The four major differences are (1) Helical cut 5th gear to reduce road whine noise (2) the 2-1 exaust which you indicated (3) new 18" front tire and best of all for me (4) they lowered the rear 1" because of the seat. This gives a more upright seating position. You have chosen wisely my friend. Keep me posted on the bike as I will get one very soon.

Ok thanks, I saw that manuals are down-loadable I guess on the forum but of course nothing's available for the 2010s.

I'm wondering if '09 washers and primary chaincase cover seal ring are the same as well?

I notice the ride's a lot stiffer than my '03 Electra Glide with my wife on it (she's just 120 pounds) especially. She conplained about her tailbone hurting her but remember that passenger seat on the new Road Glide is not much of a passenger seat. Since they lowered the bike I think it's stiffer for sure.

Also they don't have fairing lowers for the bike yet????!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ok ok ok ok, how did you hear it?? My dealership didn't have one and the sales person said it doesn't sound much different than stock so I wish I could hear one.

What are the chances at 1000 miles for my 2010 that my clutch needs adjusting? My friend says that's crazy to adjust so soon and so also to grease the steering head bearings....

Yea that's what my gut says and by riding it I feel an adjustment would be in order.

He also says you don't have to replace the o ring on the derby cover each and every time, that Harley does it every second or third time but that's not what the book says...

ya dont have to but its only a couple $$ for the oring kit that does the derby cover and trans plug and oil plug

Worth the couple of bucks, it's just that my dealer is closed until Wednesday but there are other places to purchase them I think...

MrFah: Hows that shorty windshield on the '10 RG? On my 09, I had to get a new shield to cut down on the buffeting, and the OEM shield was much taller. The lower suspension sure looks nice and prob helps at stop lights. I put on a new seat, which lowered me about an inch, so I'm all set.

My local dealer had about 6 or 7 2010's and had 2 black denims.

Back