free website stats program 2010 RKC Air Filter Cover | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 RKC Air Filter Cover

Oiler, no need to apologize. You didn't mis-lead, I didn't know myself.

Breeze, thank-you. I didn't know that about air intake sound, and I'm I kid from the 70's muscle car era! (little kid though :p).

O.k., so after all this, I'm thinking that this Kury cover isn't really going to make a significant difference engine wise, whether it be sound or air/fuel mix impact. Is that fair to say? Again, I don't want to do anything to lean out the fuel or mess with how its running (quite happy with the stock performance).

Good point Pete, remembering the days of cutting the snorkel off quadrajunk air cleaners and flipping the lid over to suck more air and get that sound:s

Jack!!! I did exactly that with my Dad's old 1958 Ford PU when I was a teenager. It had a V-8 with a rusted out crossover in the front and just sounded fast -- but when I flipped the air breather cover plate upside down it left about 1/2" air gap all around and it 'sucked' in air and sounded like a real 'race truck" hehehe:newsmile01::newsmile01:

Thanks for reminding me of the good ole days!!!
Bill

O.k., bought it and installed it and it's exactly what I was looking for. Here's some pics.....

Attachments

• P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 26
  • P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010009.jpg
    P1010009.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 21
Very nice upgrade.
As to flipping air cleaner over the best part was going through a long tunnel on the parkway... :newsmile047:

Back