free website stats program 2010 Personal Performance Upgrades | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Personal Performance Upgrades

Okay Breeze, come on, you can do it. :) I'm maintaining my work outs, I've increased the cardio...yuck:s But it's working. Lost a few pounds and another inch is gone from the waist. I don't mind the workouts, but the running thing stinks. I've never been much of a runner, but it's a relatively quick way to get the cardio in.

I have been going up to a park about 3 miles from the house I go to, since I don't have any sidewalks near my house and I don't like taking on the traffic. BTW, I only run about 3 miles every other day. :s No real record breaking times either, I aim for a 10 minute mile. :) It keeps the heart rate up though.

NHD, another thing that works well is a small nerf football. Not the really small ones that will fit in the palm of your hand, but the ones that are like a jr. size football. Compresses well and provides support. I also use them for lumbar supports in the car, they are much cheaper than a 'real' lumbar support.

I like this exercise, my back dr gave me one similar it works quite well, thanks for sharing this I wish my back and leg would stop hurting, guess its time for my exercises

Glad that worked for you. I have a couple of bulged discs that when they are bulging, I'm pretty miserable as you probably know that feeling. Combine that with some sciatica and life is fun. :( I've been pretty lucky for the last 8-10 months & kept everything in order; I'll try to figure out what helped me the most and share the info. Believe it or not, (I sort of hate to admit this too) but there have been a lot of simple yoga stretches that have really seemed to help me.

The other thing that I have worked on that I think has helped was stretching my hamstrings out. The compensation I was making with the back pain had caused the hammies to draw up a lot, over an inch on the left one, so I now have a morning routine that includes laying on my back with a band around the ball of my foot and use that to stretch my legs. I really think that has helped the most. And of course, I can't forget to mention strengthening the 'core' muscles, which is really hard to do when your back hurts. I think the stretching has helped the most though.

Uhmmm,, as the originator of this thread, I'm more than slightly ashamed to report that I have only taken a few walks. I have improved my diet a bit. I have no real good reason either. I have had multiple tests done and the Dr. says all is good. I just need to get up and do it!!! :newsmile08:
Lets hear some more Positive results from others.:)

There's always tomorrow, right?:newsmile055: I'll check in with you again...

I like this thread. I am a runner and have been on and off since 18 (46 now).

Currently I am on a roll Today complete 9 weeks of running everyday, except weekends. At least 4 miles, sometimes 5. Mostly on treadmill, but weather is getting nice. Ran 4.26 on the road yesterday. 6'4" and 250 so I am moving some weight when I run. Should be 6'4" and 225.

Travel for work, eat horrible, drink beer, overweight. So I really need to keep up the running. I love it, best exercise to burn calories and get a little high at the same time. Pushups, pullups, and curls(with weights) I try to get in too.

Takes 45 minute out of my day, but makes me fill good. No reason not to do it. Nice to see others in the same endevor.

Good Luck,

My mind is my worst enemy, I can come up with some good excuses not to run.

Glad that worked for you. I have a couple of bulged discs that when they are bulging, I'm pretty miserable as you probably know that feeling. Combine that with some sciatica and life is fun. :( I've been pretty lucky for the last 8-10 months & kept everything in order; I'll try to figure out what helped me the most and share the info. Believe it or not, (I sort of hate to admit this too) but there have been a lot of simple yoga stretches that have really seemed to help me.

The other thing that I have worked on that I think has helped was stretching my hamstrings out. The compensation I was making with the back pain had caused the hammies to draw up a lot, over an inch on the left one, so I now have a morning routine that includes laying on my back with a band around the ball of my foot and use that to stretch my legs. I really think that has helped the most. And of course, I can't forget to mention strengthening the 'core' muscles, which is really hard to do when your back hurts. I think the stretching has helped the most though.

Thanks for info in this thread, The saw bones want to cut but I wont let them, it would only reduce the pain about down to a constant 5, so I keep up with the exercises and walk with a limp, Jack

Any updates from anyone? My first 6 pounds went quick, within the first 2 1/2 weeks or so but I've only dropped 1 pound since then. It's only added to my determination. The mini stepper we bought seems to be an inferior product as the cable between the two steps keeps breaking, just broke the second one this morning :dknow. Going to the hardware store today to try to repair with a better cable rather than keep replacing.

I sure do miss my sausage, eggs, homefries :newsmile014:, pasta, and beer!!!

Since my last post where procrastination was my only accomplishment, I have started walking again. I'm doing 45 min. daily, should be up to 1 hr. soon. The "springing" of middle GA is helping. It is starting to look nice, and will be beautiful (if pollen laden) when the Azalea's bloom.

Back