free website stats program 2010 Glide Won't start | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Glide Won't start

brownfox, I am not hearing the fuel pump pressurize the system.
The only thing I hear are two cycles of a brief whining noise in the fairing area when I turn the ingition switch on. The fuel pump prime noise is much loader when it is working and only cycles when both ignition and run button are on.

dbmg,,
Thanks for the code sheet. Should help my troubleshooting a great deal.
Already sent email to dealer. Service was closed today so I am hoping they are more responsive tomorrow.

dbmg,
Bro, that piece of information is priceless. Took just five minutes and I now have the DTC. P1003, System Relay Contacts Open. The DTC codes give solution : 6.16. Do you know what that is? I am guessing I need a new System Relay?
BTW I cleared the code and attempted to start the bike and no go. Rechecked DTC and the same code came back.
Nice piece of work I must say.... Thanks so much. Love this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dealer picked up the bike yesterday. Got a call midmorning today. They tell me good news, bike is running. There was a fuel pump connection under the dash that had vibrated loose and was disconnected. Reconnected the plug and bike fired right up.
Seems odd to me though. The wire harness for the fuel tank comes out from under the tank cover and down under the seat. Seems the fuel pump is in the tank. What connection could have been under the dash that was related to the fuel pump? Also, doesn't match the codes I pulled night before last.
Hate to go through a myriad of troubles. This fix just doesn't make sense to me. Any thoughts?

Dealer picked up the bike yesterday. Got a call midmorning today. They tell me good news, bike is running. There was a fuel pump connection under the dash that had vibrated loose and was disconnected. Reconnected the plug and bike fired right up.
Seems odd to me though. The wire harness for the fuel tank comes out from under the tank cover and down under the seat. Seems the fuel pump is in the tank. What connection could have been under the dash that was related to the fuel pump? Also, doesn't match the codes I pulled night before last.
Hate to go through a myriad of troubles. This fix just doesn't make sense to me. Any thoughts?

Do you have a Factory Manual? I would look at the gas tank and see how the wires run under the dash pannel, The pump is under a cover under the console cover, if it is any thing like a Dyna tank, Tho I cannot see how the wires would disconnect themself?

Dealer sent driver to pick up the bike on Monday. That was two hour trip one way. HD called me Tuesday morning and informed me fuel pump plug harness in dash had come apart, plugged back in and bike running fine. Had to wait until today to go pick it up but Service Manager calls as I am heading south and says he has a driver available and is bringing my bike to me. They show up around 10:45 and I am out cruising by 11:30.
Oh, how sweet it sounds and the torque is right where it needs to be. Can really feel the difference in the new monster ovals, power duals and Drak AC. Not to mention of course the whole system looks awesome.
68 deg. today and tomorrow looking like 70. We'll be riding to church in the morning. Now that is a blessing.

Back