free website stats program 2010 Glide Won't start | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Glide Won't start

reidsworks

Bike want start... turn on ignition and place kill switch to run. Don't hear fuel pump start. Bike cranks over but will not start.

checked fuse for fuel pump. Also, note that the fuel relay is clicking (once)when I turn both ignition and and run switch on. Never hear the pump wind up.

ECM?????

Anything else to check? I had just gotten the bike back from dealer with install of V&H exhaust complete system including DrakAC and tts mastertune, Dyno tuned. I picked the bike up on trailer due to bad riding weather. Started and ran long enough to load onto the trailer, brought it home 2 hour drive.
Rolled it off the trailer the next night, fired right up and drove it about 100 ft into the garage for overnight. Next day I roll it out of the garage, start it up and drive it 100 feet back to the front side walk, put it in neutral, place the kickstand down, get off and it quits. Try to restart and nothing.
Called the dealer, they tell me check the battery since it was not turning over . Disconnected the battery and charged overnight on 2 amp trickle charge. Battery checks fine. Reconnect and bike turns over but still won't start. Same deal with ignition and run switch. I can hear the initial electric prime, fuel relay, but no fuel pump.

Any help I would appreciate it..... I love the bike when it is running. Only have 1374 miles on it and bought it in August 2010. BTW. this is third time around with this problem. 1st time dealer came and got it and replaced ECM. Second time, bike died 2 miles from the house. Dealer did their " rideability check" no problem found. This time I am ready to take it back and blow the thing up in the parking lot. GEEZ

I'd check the wiring connector between the tank and harness for power and ground, providing the fuse is good and making contact in it's panel. Unplug, clean, reassemble both the plug and fuse. Also confirm there's power to the fuel pump via the tank connector plug a few seconds after key-on...check the voltage between the B+ wire (O/GY?) and B- (BK?) on the supply side plug with a voltmeter.

Are there any Diagnostic Codes that pertain?

Gary

WOW I feel your pain thats a tough one.Is it throwing any codes? That would be the first thing to check.I am not familiar with a tts isnt that an aftermarket ECM? I think I would call them tell em come pick it up,they just worked on it and it aint right..Make them fix it...

Try removing Master tune device and see what happens. When working at dealer had a few bikes towed in that quit and once removed aftermarket control device bikes were fine.

The TTS master tune is formerly SEST and is a tuning module that gets plugged in during tune only. Once you've mapped the stock ECM during dyno runs the map gets saved to the unit and you disconnect it.
I've already contacted dealer to come pick it up. They tuned it installed the exhaust and supposedly road tested.
Had similar trouble when new 1174 miles ago. They wound up replacing the ECM.
I guess this is round two.
I checked fuel pump fuse with meter and it checks good. Firmly placed in fuse holder. still no fuel pump. Connector at harness was in perfect condition but no voltage going to the fuel pump.

I hope the dealer can get you squared away. This is unfortunate and unacceptable. If needed let us on the forum give you the support you need, and we will email dealer on your behalf. Just let us know their email address.

Check the DTC Codes per the post above. Back your way through the pump wiring circuit until you find battery voltage to ground after key-0n. Check the tank/pump to power supply connection...then that connection to the next (relay/fuse), etc. Make sure you check both the B+ power and B- ground wires. Could be either unless you can already confirm B+ at the tank plug, but no B- to ground continunity at that plug as well. You know where I'm going with this. Find a wiring diagram to help.

Gary

do you heeaar the fuel pump pressurizw the system? just a thought you have probably done.lb

left click the bottom of the info . and scroll up till you have all the info. highlighted. then do a control c to save the info. then go into notepad , and use control V to "save as" name it 2010 codes for example . makes to easy to find for futurr feference.lb

Last edited by a moderator:
Back