free website stats program 2010 FXDF Stock Pipes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 FXDF Stock Pipes

Don't modify the current mufflers/baffles...you may need them as local and state ordinances tighten up noise and emission standards...you could easily end up having to buy stock replacements and have it inspected to get you off the hook. I would look to Craigslist or E-bay for SE Slipons or even better by the TFI fueler FIRST, for less than $180 and replace the A/C element to K&N about $50 and you have 2/3's of the Stage I done. The exhaust is the most expensive 1/3 going between $350-$600 depending on how crazy you want to go...also delaying will give you time to see and hear it at a meet or show and able to ask questions with rider who has your combo...JMHO of how I would approach Stage I on a budget, your ride you decide. :s

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is very good advice here. Pay attention to this.

TQ

This looks like a good place for this discussion. First of all, i agree with keeping all the stock parts as you might have to use them again some day. Now... I was wondering what knowledge is out there on pipes, air cleaners, and fuelers. I thought that vance and hines 2 into 1 would be a no brainer with the v & h fuel pack and a c. After seeing some, it appears that the rear pipe partially blocks the oil fill hole. I like the way the stock rear pipe comes forward. The tfi still seems to be the fueler of choice on this forum, but the dealer poo-poos it. At this time i plan only pipe, ac, exhaust mods and low to midrange torque is my priority. I definitely like 2 into 1, and still like the propipe as i had one on a previous bike. I like covered ac elements in case i get caught in the rain. I would like a fueler that does not require a pc to set up.

This looks like a good place for this discussion. First of all, i agree with keeping all the stock parts as you might have to use them again some day. Now... I was wondering what knowledge is out there on pipes, air cleaners, and fuelers. I thought that vance and hines 2 into 1 would be a no brainer with the v & h fuel pack and a c. After seeing some, it appears that the rear pipe partially blocks the oil fill hole. I like the way the stock rear pipe comes forward. The tfi still seems to be the fueler of choice on this forum, but the dealer poo-poos it. At this time i plan only pipe, ac, exhaust mods and low to midrange torque is my priority. I definitely like 2 into 1, and still like the propipe as i had one on a previous bike. I like covered ac elements in case i get caught in the rain. I would like a fueler that does not require a pc to set up.

Please tell me this doesn't surprise you. They'd rather make hundreds of dollars selling you a SERT than telling you there's a cheaper, simpler alternative that works for the vast majority of Harley riders

My dealer tries to push SERT and justify it by saying it work better than anything else. My view is that they are more familiar with it, and they can fleece you for more of your hard earned as you can't tune it yourself. When I am ready, I am going the Dobeck TFI route or Power Commander.

I once bought a ZRX1100 with a butchered end can (all the insides were removed and the can was shortened). Sounded very loud but performance was rubbish as there was no back pressure.

Back