free website stats program 2010 FXDF Stock Pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 FXDF Stock Pipes

ngjandm

Well unfortunately I have to put off my purchase of the Pro Pipe High Output, heat shields, V02 Duke Air Filter Kit and Power Commander V for some much needed landscaping. So in the meantime, I want to see if anyone has ever removed the baffles on the stock Fat Bob Pipes as a preliminary temporary measure. Also once removed, do you think the EFI map would need to be changed?

Well unfortunately I have to put off my purchase of the Pro Pipe High Output, heat shields, V02 Duke Air Filter Kit and Power Commander V for some much needed landscaping. So in the meantime, I want to see if anyone has ever removed the baffles on the stock Fat Bob Pipes as a preliminary temporary measure. Also once removed, do you think the EFI map would need to be changed?

Probably not going to sound the best:s will run leaner

I just miss the sound of my V&H SS on my 883 before I picked up this one, I guess I can just wait, it'll only be until the end of the year. The stock on the Fatbob sounds like a hybrid. lol.

I meant stock pipes on the fat bob.

hybrid meaning it sounds like an electric scooter because it is not loud enough :)
...so is there a difference between the stock pipes of a 2009 FXDF and 2010??? I wouldn't think so...but I have stock pipes, they are not quiet by any means...and I've heard several say that the 2010's sound like everything from rice-burners to sewing machines...

(I am planning on upgrading to the SE slip-ons and SE Heavy breather...I just haven't figured out what tuner I'll go with...)

...so is there a difference between the stock pipes of a 2009 FXDF and 2010??? I wouldn't think so...but I have stock pipes, they are not quiet by any means...and I've heard several say that the 2010's sound like everything from rice-burners to sewing machines...

(I am planning on upgrading to the SE slip-ons and SE Heavy breather...I just haven't figured out what tuner I'll go with...)

The SE slip ons are street legal and are not much louder than stock (if any). You get little to no performance gain out of them, but you can knock about a 2" hole through the baffle to get a little sound out of it. I had the SE slip ons and they were just too quiet, so I went with 2 1/2" slip ons from cycle shack and the bike ran a lot better. The slips are about $150 less than the SE slip ons which would save you enough money to buy a TFI tuner to make it run right with the heavy breather. Good luck with it!

Don't modify the current mufflers/baffles...you may need them as local and state ordinances tighten up noise and emission standards...you could easily end up having to buy stock replacements and have it inspected to get you off the hook. I would look to Craigslist or E-bay for SE Slipons or even better by the TFI fueler FIRST, for less than $180 and replace the A/C element to K&N about $50 and you have 2/3's of the Stage I done. The exhaust is the most expensive 1/3 going between $350-$600 depending on how crazy you want to go...also delaying will give you time to see and hear it at a meet or show and able to ask questions with rider who has your combo...JMHO of how I would approach Stage I on a budget, your ride you decide. :s

The stock baffles are only held in by three rivets. Pop out the rivets and pull out the baffles and see what you think. I pulled mine out while I waited for my new pipes. I thought they sounded great and actually sounded better than my new pipes do. the nice thing is if you just pop the rivets and pull them out you can easily put them back in if you want or need to.

Back