free website stats program 2010 flhx | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 flhx

OK I'm not that old but I sure feel like it.
I could wine all day, but anyway.
I have convinced the BOSS to get her dl for the fatboy.
I will be order my flhx soon.
Thank you for all your posts

OK I'm not that old but I sure feel like it.
I could wine all day, but anyway.
I have convinced the BOSS to get her dl for the fatboy.
I will be order my flhx soon.
Thank you for all your posts

That was the winning formula here for getting the limited and keeping the fatboy... everyone is very happy :D

I went to a SG in 09, and like you I was on a Fatboy. I really liked my Fatboy (I still own it) but there really isn't much of a comparison between the two bikes, they are different bikes. If I were to ride 400 miles in 1 day on the Fatboy I felt like I had about all I could take, on the SG I'm just getting warmed up @ 400 miles.

I've had my 2010 FLHX since last August and hopefully I will reach my 12K mile benchmark (personal goal) before it is a year old.
It has been a pleasure to ride and the one option I did purchase with huge reservation was ABS. It has been used three times and I am quite happy with its performance.
Less is more in my book, so the styling is a huge plus; minus the seat. A replacement is on order.
The only other touring bike I would consider would be the Road Glide, but the FHLX was on the floor first.
Good luck.

I've had my 2010 FLHX since last August and hopefully I will reach my 12K mile benchmark (personal goal) before it is a year old.
It has been a pleasure to ride and the one option I did purchase with huge reservation was ABS. It has been used three times and I am quite happy with its performance.
Less is more in my book, so the styling is a huge plus; minus the seat. A replacement is on order.
The only other touring bike I would consider would be the Road Glide, but the FHLX was on the floor first.
Good luck.

Are you one of the few still riding behind the stock "windshield?"

I've had mine for a few weeks now after selling a Yamaha Raider last fall. I'm 62 now and needed a more comfortable and leisurely ride. Now just looking for a better seat than stock to lower me a little without bringing me forward and maybe some new bars down the road. I have noticed that any higher bars would need a rise of about 4" more in order to clear the mirrors.

I've had mine for a few weeks now after selling a Yamaha Raider last fall. I'm 62 now and needed a more comfortable and leisurely ride. Now just looking for a better seat than stock to lower me a little without bringing me forward and maybe some new bars down the road. I have noticed that any higher bars would need a rise of about 4" more in order to clear the mirrors.

This is a common misconception.

You can removing the fairing mirrors, install HD plugs in the holes, and then mount handlebar mirrors on your new bars.

Are you one of the few still riding behind the stock "windshield?"

No, I have changed it out with a 6" recurve. Adding the air dam and adjustable wings in combo with the recurve was the ticket.
I have also added a fairing mounted Zumo, changed the rear pegs to sweptback boards and just waiting on the seat. I have also blacked out the forks and added the 2 to 1 exhaust.
Considering a swap to mini-apes as my "grip" is too low, but in no rush; waiting to see how the new seat will affect my comfort before I make changes to the bars.

No, I have changed it out with a 6" recurve. Adding the air dam and adjustable wings in combo with the recurve was the ticket.
I have also added a fairing mounted Zumo, changed the rear pegs to sweptback boards and just waiting on the seat. I have also blacked out the forks and added the 2 to 1 exhaust.
Considering a swap to mini-apes as my "grip" is too low, but in no rush; waiting to see how the new seat will affect my comfort before I make changes to the bars.

I know Maysflyboy switched to the Ergo bars from Klockwerks and likes them. I've also read where lots of folks on touring bikes like the Chubby bars from Wild One.

Kustom Baggers
Wild 1, Inc. - Chubbys, 1-1/4 accessories

Any chance you could include some pics of your bike ? I would like to see the alterations as all I've done to my 2010 FLHX is change the windshield. Just love the thing. Did a day trip of 573 miles and could have gone for more.

Back