free website stats program 2010 flhx tail light for Canada | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 flhx tail light for Canada

krigby

I recently purchased a 2010 Street Glide in the U.S. and must make a modification to the tail light. The U.S. model has done away with the big stop light in 2010 and gone with the tri bar at the bottom. The Canadian model must have the big light. Has any one else encountered this problem? I purchased a new tail light and base assembly, but would like some info on the wiring procedure.
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Krigby

I would bet with Member only having one post, and no replies to question, and almost a year since being on, he has gone with plan B...:s

Sorry for not replying. If you get Harley to do the job, it will cost you over $2,000.00. They will not install light unless you replace the rear fender so it doesn't void warranty. So, I cut the fender myself and installed light. I ended up making my own wire harness due to the fact that it was going to take a couple of weeks to get it from Harley. Only difference with wiring for Canadian model is that the ground effects LED strip light at bottom of fender doesn't light up. Take your time. measure, remeasure, remeasure and cut.
Cost, aprox $150 original harley parts. If anyone else needs help with this process let me know.
Keith

I need help, Planning on importing this weekend and was wondering what the part numbers you used where, You did the work your self and that was sufficient? I read that it has to be done by a HD dealer..... nope thats not correct... Thanks

On the last non-compliant bike that I imported I made a small bracket that bolted to the lis plate mount that wouls accomodate a 41/2'' trailer light.Ran the wires to the running lights and stop light and used scotchlocks to wire it in.As soon as the inspection was done I removed it.
Total cost $10.

Back