free website stats program 2010 FLHTK Power Issues | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 FLHTK Power Issues

Some friends of mine said that I need to get rid of the cats and sugested going to the Stage 1 kit

+1

No issues at all here. Ditch the "cat" and go with a stage one. Given where you were riding, and the the still present catalytic converter, sounds like it may have been heat issues (my guess is that you may have been having power issues in all gears).

Try new cams if new headers and a stage one doesn't appease you.

Thanks Guys
I appreciate the input
I'll talk to the dealer and at least see if they will replace the pipe and see how much the stage 1 kit is going to cost me

The manual will tell you to shift into 6th gear below 60mph...DON'T! I've found that the minimum speed for 6th gear is around 63 to 65 mph. I have an /09 Ultra, 96 cu in with stage 1 and don't have any issues with power as long as I stay in 5th until around 63mph. Also, I suggest you keep the revs above 2300rpm.

I have a FLHTK, which is stock except for the air cleaner and download. I have not noticed it to be slugish. I do drop it into 5th if below 65 going up a steady grade. The 6th pulls way better than the 6th in my 04 95" Road Glide. I am changing exhaust this week to V&H Power Duels and Monster Ovals and am adding a PC-V, with a map for my set up. I will see if that wakes it up even more.

Hey guys,

Is anyone out there disappointed or having issues with power from the 103 motor
Going up hills in 6th the bike is realy lagging and the right side muffler is starting to blue
Some friends of mine said that I need to get rid of the cats and sugested going to the Stage 1 kit

I have the 2010 FLHTK with the 103 and after some work, it is a real runner. I did the cam upgrade to the Screamin Eagle 255's, installed a Vance & Hines VO2 free flow air cleaner (it is the model called naked, so you get to keep your stock 103 cover), Vance & Hines Propipe High Output 2 into 1, Power Commander 5 and the auto tune modules and also the SE compensator. Yes it cost quite a bit, but I had it done at delivery and my local dealer installed everything (FREE LABOR!) plus 10% off the parts and since it was dealer installed, it is covered under warranty. I haven't had a dyno tune done and don't plan to because I don't think I need it. This bike really runs and pulls well. If I leave the bike in 6th gear at say 40 MPH or so, it is basically idling and then I would call it sluggish. Otherwise, I haven't found anything about the performance I am unsatisfied with. This full dresser is quicker/faster than my 2009 Fat Bob with slip ons was. I didn't believe a bike this big would run 120 MPH, but it does. The only draw back at all has been not so great gas mileage. I have had a low of 22 MPG and high of 40 MPG (just once). It generally gets 33-37 MPG and I have a smile on my face everytime I ride it!

i have a 2010 limited. dont know about the 103 cause i upgraded to 113 before it left the shop. im pushing 120.4 hp and have no trouble with power in 6th gear. i can say pipes intake and cams are your best bet. i have all my 103 stuff for sale if anyone is interested.

Back