free website stats program 2010 FLHTCU Radio Shuts Off and On By Itself | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 FLHTCU Radio Shuts Off and On By Itself

Boon

Hi, thanks for reading this - hope you can help.

Cruising today the radio on my 2010 FLHTCU would constantly turn off then back on by itself. The bike even cut power completely a few times and get power back within a half-second. The bike power shut off has me very concerned but only happened 2 or 3 times during my 3 hour ride. When I pulled over I noticed the RPM would stay high (around 1500), but has since returned to normal. The radio problem started about 1 hour into the ride and happened too many times to count. Both issues started today and I've never had these problems before on this bike.

This happens at any gear, with or without cruise ctrl on, smooth or rough roads, MP3 player plugged or unplugged.

I love my bike - it's taken me to Sturgis, Boston, Atlantic City - all without any problems and with great comfort. Please help me troubleshoot this issue so I can feel confident it won't die on my next long trip.

Peace.

Hi, thanks for reading this - hope you can help.

The bike even cut power completely a few times and get power back within a half-second.

If the entire bikes power totally shut down, I would start at the battery cables, clean and tighten both ends of the cables.

Ditto on battery cables,I had a similiar problem on my 07 battery shorted out,started with it cutting out at hiway speeds everything went off just for a second then instantly back on did this a few times I pulled into a bar found the cables a bit loose thought that was it she cranked right up,later it would not start couldnt even jump it.So a friend of mine said he thought I had a bad battery disconnected the ground cable it jumped off then wrapped the cable in a rag stuffed it under the seat and made it home just barely,dealer said the battery was completely dead with a shorted cell.This may not be your problem but it sounds similiar,good luck..

Thanks guys, I appreciate the tips. I will pull the seat and check/tighten battery cables.

The obvious solution was likely the right one. As soon as I reached the battery I noticed a very loose connection on the positive terminal. I am confident that was the problem and will test it tomorrow. Thanks for saving me a trip to the dealer!

The obvious solution was likely the right one. As soon as I reached the battery I noticed a very loose connection on the positive terminal. I am confident that was the problem and will test it tomorrow. Thanks for saving me a trip to the dealer!

I am sure you solved that problem! It happened to me...

Back