free website stats program 2010 FLHRC harsh vibration | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 FLHRC harsh vibration

SoCal Rider

and intermittent engine knock... 4500 miles WOW??? what gives???

any suggestions? I may just give the dealer a call and get her in to be checked out???

Take it back immediately. Get everything you find wrong with the bike documented on the ticket. If they say "they all do that", get it in writing.

Make them fix it.

TQ

SoCalRider hasen't even called the dealer yet and because we are so conditioned to the "they all do that" response we want him to go in there with guns blazing.
SoCal, call your dealer and make an appointment to have your problems looked at. make a list so you don't leave anything out. Once you have stated your case give the dealer the time to diagnose what is causing the problems and see how you are taken care of. Some dealers still know how to take care of valued customers and want you to have a positive experience. Let us know how you are treated and how the problems and concernes were dealt with.

Another +++ for dealer appt. Best to get this one fixed while she's still under warranty...remember HD has a front tire recall so see if there's improper wear on the grooves, but this wouldn't explain the engine knock...

Another +++ for dealer appt. Best to get this one fixed while she's still under warranty...remember HD has a front tire recall so see if there's improper wear on the grooves, but this wouldn't explain the engine knock...

is the front tire recall on 2010 FLHRC only?

SoCalRider hasen't even called the dealer yet and because we are so conditioned to the "they all do that" response we want him to go in there with guns blazing.
SoCal, call your dealer and make an appointment to have your problems looked at. make a list so you don't leave anything out. Once you have stated your case give the dealer the time to diagnose what is causing the problems and see how you are taken care of. Some dealers still know how to take care of valued customers and want you to have a positive experience. Let us know how you are treated and how the problems and concernes were dealt with.

I couldn't agree more. There are some dealers that will stand by the product the way they should. But get it to them asap. You don't want to prolong it and make matters worse.

Yep, ran good on the way to work this a.m. ( 35 highway miles) but it was pretty cool out. This afternoon on the way home (warm out) it was running perfect but I could feel more than usual heat coming off of it on my right leg and she starting vibrating (could feel it really hard on the highway pegs) and when I exited the highway she ran really rough ( pulls fine but really hard shuttering on decel) all the way ( 2 miles) home and the heat seemed to have gone away???

Anyway she is only 8 weeks old with 4750 miles,, I'll call the dealer and make an appointment in the a.m. and let everyone know how it goes...

Yep, ran good on the way to work this a.m. ( 35 highway miles) but it was pretty cool out. This afternoon on the way home (warm out) it was running perfect but I could feel more than usual heat coming off of it on my right leg and she starting vibrating (could feel it really hard on the highway pegs) and when I exited the highway she ran really rough ( pulls fine but really hard shuttering on decel) all the way ( 2 miles) home and the heat seemed to have gone away???

Anyway she is only 8 weeks old with 4750 miles,, I'll call the dealer and make an appointment in the a.m. and let everyone know how it goes...

A very sound plan:s

Back