free website stats program 2010 Electra Glide Classic Exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Electra Glide Classic Exhaust

rebel1

I was just looking at the mufflers and inside the left side muffler there is a cone shaped plug about about 5 inches inside the muffler. Are the 09s the same?? Is this part of the catalytic system? Is there even a catalyst on the non-California models. Has anyone seen or heard the new SE Fatshotz 2-into-2 slip on mufflers? Just trying to research some way's to get this thing to run better.
Thanks

I emailed Supertrapp and got a response from j wells. He says that all 2010 touring bikes have the catalyst "in the head pipe at the collector". He also notes that "all of our disc based product works with the 2010, or you could also get the FatShotz available thru your dealer-we make them and they are the same as ours and won't effect the warranty".
Basically I take his statement to mean that changing the mufflers may help a little but with the cat-con in the collector, a person would have to change the entire system to gain much performance? This is probably why the 09 I test rode had significantly more power than the 2010.
Anybody want to comment?

I emailed Supertrapp and got a response from j wells. changing the mufflers may help a little but with the cat-con in the collector, a person would have to change the entire system to gain much performance? This is probably why the 09 I test rode had significantly more power than the 2010.
Anybody want to comment?

EPA mandates,the air cooled V-twin won't last another 5yrs.:(

My understanding of the cat being in the head pipe at the collector is the same as what Supertrapp told you. When I changed my pipes on my '09, nothing was in there as I'm in FL :)

The left OEM muffler is alot different than the OEM right muffler, which helps make the exhaust system work somewhat like a 2 into 1 with little exhaust flowing through the left muffler and making it more like a sound chamber.

Ity appears that there are more changes in the 2010 bikes than what the MoCo told us. I think I would have bought an 09 had I known what restrictions were in the 2010 exhaust. After talking with the dealer last night, if I change the header pipe to get rid of the Catalyst, I will void the warranty. I guess we all get to play the same game that California has had to play for years.

Just look at the cars from the 80's. They all look the same and continue to do so today but not quite as bad. If you were around in the 50's, 60's and early 70's it was always easy to tell which car was which. Not so any more. Bikes will be the same thing.

I'm having a tendency not to believe in global warming or losing the ozone layer. If you look at temp. trends over many years you will see a drastic decrease in temp. when a volcano erupts and imagine how much various bad for the ozone stuff is being spewed out when a volcano does erupt. We hear on the news that the Polar bear population is decreasing due to global warming and thier habitat melting but if you look at the Polar bear populations in the 60's it was at like 5000 due to over hunting and their numbers today are around the 25,000 mark. In the 1930's which was the warmest recorded temps in the artic ever until recently and I don't know what the exact temp was but we are only 0.4 degrees warmer in the artic currently yes I imagine that would cause ice to melt but I think the world runs in cycles and takes care of it's self. I think there is a hidden agenda here with the global warming/ozone layer depleting by some group or groups. This is JMHO. Also I don't think my statement is going to make a difference in what is going to happen with the extiction of our beloved v-twins.:(

Whether you believe in global warming or not, the total tons of emissions from all of the motorycles in the U.S. is less than a drop in the bucket. Total emissions can be calculated based on the gallons of gas consumed by bikes. This is such a small percentage when you compare to the total consumed by cars and truck, including deisel. Let us not forget how many bikes sold become garagre queens. The government is just screwing the motorcycle industry with this nonsense.
BTW, before I was doing what I do now (a so called GREEN industry), I was an engineer for an engineering firm that was invlovled with air emissions from stationary sources, so I have some background in this area.

RichardS,

Couldn't agree w/ you more. The "anti's" are just taking on 1 small battle at a time. About 6 years ago, they took on 2 stroke dirt bikes and boat motors......try to find one now. Nothing against folks from California but their liberal leader's tree hugging rules are starting to affect the rest of the US and I don't like it. I'm all about taking care of Earth but let's not be stupid about it....China, Russia and Korea certainly don't give a ____ about it. A little common sense goes a long way w/ me.

Back