free website stats program 2010 Dyna Wide Glide front tire issue | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Dyna Wide Glide front tire issue

nrs2420

I noticed some small cuts in my front tire similar to dry rot. I was searching the internet and came across another forum that had members that had similar issues.

My question is does anyone on this forum have issues with their front tire having the cuts in the center of the tire? They are curved and and look like it was from a razor blade. There is even little flaps of tire coming up. I'll try to get some pictures later on tonight to show what I'm talking about.

My 1999 FXDWG I had same problem had a tire side walls fail on me as drove away from a stop sign tire was at half life . Dunlop did not respond to any e-mails and when phoned them they were of very little help.

Had the same problem with mine when it was new. It was dry rot off the showroom floor.. HD replaced it for free. This is a common occurance. They HD buy the tires by the train load. Try and push them off to the consumer.....:D

I noticed some small cuts in my front tire similar to dry rot. I was searching the internet and came across another forum that had members that had similar issues.

My question is does anyone on this forum have issues with their front tire having the cuts in the center of the tire? They are curved and and look like it was from a razor blade. There is even little flaps of tire coming up. I'll try to get some pictures later on tonight to show what I'm talking about.

gday nsr, mate i have the same bike here in australia, and i am on my third front tyre because of the same problem, (covered under warranty). the one i have now is starting to crack aswell.....not to happy about it..

As others have said they were Dunlops...wonder if the new Michelins used on newest 2011 limited baggers would "spoon" right in there for a "modest" additional price under warranty? Just thinking out loud...silly me>>>:bigsmiley18:

Thing is guys, Sports bike tyre OEM have always been garbage and I have always wanted to change my ASAP. Why shouldn't cruiser tyres be any different. They are made to a budget and bought cheap.

Yes they are dunlops, sorry haven't been able to get a picture yet. I've been extremely sick and then I started school. Not much time.

Back