free website stats program 2010 Deluxe | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Deluxe

I am thinking about getting a 2010 Deluxe. Is there any issues with this year that anyone knows about? I know its still early to see any real problems. Does anyone know if Harley has tightened up the crank specs? That really has me nervous because I do ride pretty hard, no burnouts though.

If you ride hard and are worried about something so critical within the engine, I'd spring for as long an extended warranty as you can afford.

Try negotiating the extended warranty in as part of the deal when you are at the final haggle point. A last resort would be to go 50/50 with the dealer on an extended warranty. They are unlimited mileage to you can ride and only have a $50 deductible after the two year standard warranty expires.

If you're that worried buy a metric bike. They will take the punishment at half the cost. I looked at this and I could buy a metric at half the price. I can't see spending a ton of money and beating the (EDIT) out of my investment.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking about getting a 2010 Deluxe. Is there any issues with this year that anyone knows about? I know its still early to see any real problems. Does anyone know if Harley has tightened up the crank specs? That really has me nervous because I do ride pretty hard, no burnouts though.

AS Mentioned by some of the above DEAL!.... I think you are in a drivers seat position(or should be!)...
You say 2010 and the 2011 are out now...

That should save you at least 1500 to 2500$$$ right there...
I bought my 09 Right after the 2010's came out... Ran them ragged to make a sale... Walk away if they won't deal... Plenty of 2010's that may be at another dealer..

Remember. After bought,,, YOU can take it to ANY HD dealer to do warranty work IF Needed! Even the one that would not deal!

Get them Down as low as possible...
They play with 4000$$+ over the cost of HD to them so They Have Room to LOWER!

Change out the tranny fluid and put in a Better Gear Lube Unless they have formal+ in it then I would change it out at 1000 miles to Redline Shockproof Heavy
signed....BUBBIE

If you're that worried buy a metric bike. They will take the punishment at half the cost. I looked at this and I could buy a metric at half the price. I can't see spending a ton of money and beating the (EDIT) out of my investment.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

jlbeebe Not an option.

Thanks for the replys. Bubbie, I did not know they had that much room to play, Im definitely going to do some dealing.

Get the extended warranty and sleep good tonight:s

jlbeebe Not an option.

Thanks for the replys. Bubbie, I did not know they had that much room to play, Im definitely going to do some dealing.

My purchase:
My 09 FLHR was at 17,350 out the door With 4 point docking, big sissy back rest and a luggage rack, bag linners......... Just after the 2010's came out. I bought aug, 21st, 09

two tone Blue and grey Bike is in my avatar... a Glider look alike bike that he had but not the C

Good deal? I thought so.

and A great trade price on my Million $$$ FXDS 2000 Dyna... 7000$ that had Over 117000 miles on it. but looked as new as the one I bought....

Remember I was broke down at Cascade Harley in Bend Oregon.... 3 days to work on the sales staff. waiting for UPS parts (v. regulator)

A good deal for me, and a great bike to ride back to western Wash.

even better Now, with a full stage one, TFI, SE255 cams.

signed....BUBBIE

Well we test rode 4 different bikes. 2010 Fatboy, 2011 Deluxe, 2011 Road King, and a 2010 street glide. We went with a 2011 Road King. Awesome ride, good looks and it solved our storage problem. Merlot sunglo paint, we both thought it was a nice color. We had never considered the road king but after a short ride we were both impressed. I have some questions so I will post them elsewhere.

Back