free website stats program 2009 ultral classic | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 ultral classic

tdawg

My friend has a 2009 Ultra classic, and the kickstand releases quite often. It appears that the kickstand isn't far enough forward. I've actually seen it walk forward while idling, and the kickstand will pop up causing the bike to fall over. Fortunately the highway pegs saved it that day. Does anyone, or know of anyone that has a similar problem?

You gotta get that bike back to the dealer..don't unnerstan why it didn't go straight back after the first time

I agree w/Rebyl. The bike will move a little bit on the jiffy stand when it's engaged properly, which takes a little getting used to. If it is collapsing however, there is something wrong that needs to be fixed; or your buddy is not getting it all the way down before sitting the bike over on it.

There was a problem with some of the '09's lean angle and there's a fix; however, HD doesn't advertise it, most dealers don't know about it (mine didn't anyhow). Not sure if this is his problem or not but do a search for Service Bulletin M-1243_09 and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I have a 2009 Ultra one of the early ones, the origional bracket made it lean to far over but was safe. Had the new bracket installed, the lean angle is now normal and have never had a problem with it kicking out. Agree with others definetly back to the dealer.

I have an 09 Ultra. I did have the KS replaced to correct the lean angle. However there was never a danger of the bike falling over, it was just a exsessive lean issue. If your bike is falling over there is obviously a problem but it is not related to the lean issue. If my bike fell over the next stop would be the dealer.

My friend has a 2009 Ultra classic, and the kickstand releases quite often. It appears that the kickstand isn't far enough forward. I've actually seen it walk forward while idling, and the kickstand will pop up causing the bike to fall over. Fortunately the highway pegs saved it that day. Does anyone, or know of anyone that has a similar problem?

TDawg, did you talk your friend with the new bike to get it back to the dealer? The jiffy stand should settle down once deployed in a notched boss and latches, it should not be able to roll forward.

Back