free website stats program 2009 ultra classic limp mode | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 ultra classic limp mode

Free Rider

i have a 2009 ultra classic. I bought it 2 months ago, and twice its went to limp mode. the 1st time, I turned it off and it reset itself. the dealer says the throttle "forgot" its position.. A month later it did it again and did not reset. I took it to the dealer and they say the induction module has gone out. thats been 12 days ago and the part is on back order. My question is this::: Is this a problem with the 2009 models. seems its to soon to be having problems already. should I be looking at trading for a new one? Is anybody else have the LIMP MODE problem as I am?? I would appreciate ANY insight on this and any other problems anybody is having.. Thanks

TRADE It IN????

Man, Your the kind they look for at the stealerships.. The 09 is the Last model with out all the EPA exhaust garbage on it.. A newer model would only have it's own issues.:(

NO, your problem is not common on the 09...... Yours is one of the FEW I have heard this problem being mentioned... Get the new part and it should be fine. IT is Not like the mortor,tranny, a high $$$$$ part.. :newsmile093:

signed....BUBBIE

Hahahaha. Thanks BUBBIE. If I can ever get the part. They tellin me its on back order. been 13 days now. Hopein they get it this week. Thanks for the info. glad to hear it may not be a constant problem. (fingers crossed)

Back