free website stats program 2009 touring tire SB | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 touring tire SB

Had my tire replaced under the SB. My tire had over 14000 miles on it and got the new one free and clear. I was holding off till spring to replace it anyway.

I hope your right. On page two under" Reimbursement for prior tire replacement", it says that to qualify for the credit, you have to have a repair order from an authorized HD dealer (or other mc dealer). I will check with the HD dealer that I bought the tire from to see if this can be done.

My dealer told me that if I bought the tire from them and changed the tire myself, they could not help me. The only way they credit you is if you had the dealership do the work. Seems kind of triffling to me. Those people definitely have hen house ways.

Thanks for this post. I never received a letter from HD or my dealer warning me about this issue. I replaced both my tires 6K miles ago. I did manage to squize out 18K out of them and felt great about that because the best mileage I ever gout out of a front tire was 11K and 8K from a rear. So inspite of the problem with these tires I feel I got my moneys worth out of them.

"keep the throttle open and the rubber side down."

Took the service bulletin to dealer and recieved a new 408f the next day no questions asked....now just need to get the brace for the gas tank in the spring. Glad to see Dunlop is taking interest in there product...Harley as well.:s

Mine was replaced on my 09 Ultra with over 7K on it. I did stop in HD in Casper Wyoming when it started cupping and experiencing a wobble at around 5K while on a ride to Yellowstone. Service manager accused me of not properly maintaining the tire. I told him about the service bulliten and that I was very pecular about maintaing my tire pressure, but he was a jerk. Got home and local HD dealer took care of it. Needless to say, I will not recommend or ever stop in the Casper Wyoming dealership again. That service manager is a classic example of what HD does not want or need. Bad Apple can make the entire crate rotten.

Back