free website stats program 2009 tire mileage | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 tire mileage

Merlynn

Anyone care to make an educated guess as to how many miles of normal use one can expect to get out of this new composite rear tire? How about the front tire?

I'd say about 10K depending on how you ride. They aren't going to make something that will get better mileage unless the price is higher for it.

I got a screw in my rear tire @ 8100 they replaced it under the tire/wheel extended warranty, no charge, so that has held up pretty well, the front has 8600 on it and doesn't look as good as an E3 would have.....

I have 9100 miles on my RG. The rear tire looks great with very little flattening in the center after a 5300 mile road trip. I wouldn't be surprised to get 12k or 13k out of these tires. I really like them!

Back one looks good, 13-14 thousand miles maybe. Having trouble with front one cupping (BADLY). Sounds like I'm not the only one. Anyone have a higher mileage front tire, 407F, that is not cupping.
Thanks Jonnierock

jonnierock,
I've got a 09 flhtcu and I've got 12,500 on the tires. 407F and my front tire is cupping extremely bad. Been talking with people, and I called HD customer service today. I mentioned the cupping issue and said the magic word, safety.
Ref # was issued and it's my understanding that the 407's are being replaced with 408's.
I've also had a real issue with the rear suspension bottoming out. All service wants to do is check air pressure. I'm just under 200# and I'm running 42# of pressure and it still bottoms out. Again, called Milwaukee, and shocks are being replaced. Also asked to trace the parts as it's been over a week, and they have been on back-order. Sounds like they are going through a lot of these shocks some where.... I hope it's the shocks and not the swing arm, but, I'll find out..
Blue_Highway

i got 13,600 on my D407 rear tire, most I've ever gotten on a rear, replaced the front too with a D408F due to cupping issues.
I run 36lbs of air max and adjust the ride with the air ride, never bottom out.
If you run them at 40lbs+ you will shorten the life of the tire

Hey guys I'm getting better mileage than what you guys post out of my 2007. I will soon be able to report on the tire life on the 2010. I have a new one on the lift at the dealer, waiting on parts, should have it on the street first of the week. I ride a lot, about 25,000 a year.

I have 11k miles on my 09 Ultra. The front D407F is cupping and will have to be replaced soon. The back tire still looks good.

jonnierock,
I've got a 09 flhtcu and I've got 12,500 on the tires. 407F and my front tire is cupping extremely bad. Been talking with people, and I called HD customer service today. I mentioned the cupping issue and said the magic word, safety.
Ref # was issued and it's my understanding that the 407's are being replaced with 408's.
I've also had a real issue with the rear suspension bottoming out. All service wants to do is check air pressure. I'm just under 200# and I'm running 42# of pressure and it still bottoms out. Again, called Milwaukee, and shocks are being replaced. Also asked to trace the parts as it's been over a week, and they have been on back-order. Sounds like they are going through a lot of these shocks some where.... I hope it's the shocks and not the swing arm, but, I'll find out..
Blue_Highway

Are you running 42 in the shocks? I have been all the way up to 50 and still bottom out on mine with just the rider at 260 lbs.
Let me know if they replace your shocks and that helps.

Back