free website stats program 2009 Street Glide with 21inch rims wobbles at speeds around 80 mph | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide with 21inch rims wobbles at speeds around 80 mph

Are the Harley dealers making these statements without checking the bike over? Did any of them offer to check for alignment or bearing problems?

Not sure where you got your Metzelers, but I have had a similar issue in the past. Dealer sold me a rear tire that was under-rated. Metzelers rock in my opinion, but be sure you get the right weight rating.

You also are more daring than I am. If I got a wobble at 90, I would either NOT go 90, or take it to a pro and have it fixed.

Final update.........I had the front rim spin balanced and I replaced the metzler rear tire with a dunlop d407. MY WOBBLE IS GONE! There is a little tremble which i would expect with the rims as opposed to stock tires and wheels, but no wobble. Now i feel safe riding my bike finally. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

The metzler tire has a very soft sidewall which is what is causing the wobble. The D407 is a harley dunlop, 6 ply, a much much stiffer tire than the metzler. The D407 is the same tire that comes on the screaming eagle road glide if i am not mistaken. I have found out more about tires and headbolts and alignments in my quest to remedy this issue than i have ever wanted to know, but glad I do now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back