free website stats program 2009 street glide shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 street glide shocks

bill cox

Hi all thought i would share this i have a 2009 street glide and hated the stock rear air shocks so i bought progressive 440 standards omg i was disappointed completely went backwards so i called progressive in la palma ca. lucky for me 7 mi. from my house had lenghty discussions on set up to no prevail so we agreed to bring the shocks in for a small charge they would put in heavy duty coils installed them today and wala now i have the dream ride with a little lowering due to the 11.5 size of these shocks so thanks to all the help from the guys at progressive next purchase will be the 940 shocks for the touring bikes thanks again
BILL

I live in OC, CA too and have had Progressive help with modifying standard shocks to heavy duty springs. They are great to work with and the ride is terrific.

Are you guys riding mostly two-up or solo? I'm 90% solo, and am wondering if I should consider heavy springs or not...

mosly solo my chick rides every once in a while but what a diffrence those springs made and still have the drop with the 11.5 shocks

Bill, I'm curious how much you weigh? Not trying to get personal here just wondering how the lighter springs affected your ride? Do you feel you had coil bind with the original springs?

Good deal, strange that you did not get the proper shock with right spring rate in the first place. Usually if you consult the technical support group before hand, and you gave them your weight, desired length and such you should have gotten the right one.:)

well i weigh around 215 .. and on the getting it rite the first time my wife bought them as a gift i thought they would work but it all got straightened out

NewHD that is a good conclusion to draw. I bought the HD used with the wrong shocks (for me anyway) on it. It was at least $400 less expensive to work with Progressive on the retrofit versus buying a new pair.

Back