free website stats program 2009 Street Glide Plug Wire Question | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Glide Plug Wire Question

badge171

First,
Thanks to all that helped with my compensator problem, result was HD of Utica (LORI) replaced clutch basket, pinion gear on the starter, new inner primary bolts, alternator , and let me up grade to the S/E compensator for the difference in price from stock KUDOS'S to H/D OF UTICA and LORI. Again thanks so for the advice.
Next
, On my Street Glide the ignition coils are located behind # 2 cylinder, my rinehart true duals rear cylinder pipe is routed to the left side exhaust about 1/2 inch from the ignition wire caps , purchased the S/E wires but the boot wont allow for any clearance from the exhaust pipe. Any suggestion's on what brand will allow fitment, has anyone else run into this?
Thank you

First,
Thanks to all that helped with my compensator problem, result was HD of Utica (LORI) replaced clutch basket, pinion gear on the starter, new inner primary bolts, alternator , and let me up grade to the S/E compensator for the difference in price from stock KUDOS'S to H/D OF UTICA and LORI. Again thanks so for the advice.
Next
, On my Street Glide the ignition coils are located behind # 2 cylinder, my rinehart true duals rear cylinder pipe is routed to the left side exhaust about 1/2 inch from the ignition wire caps , purchased the S/E wires but the boot wont allow for any clearance from the exhaust pipe. Any suggestion's on what brand will allow fitment, has anyone else run into this?
Thank you

Nothing wrong with stock wires, its your money JMO after waisting a lot of time with an Ohm Meter, not a big change in wires just more expense

I have similar problem w/Bub-7 TD's & Magnecor wires...for now I cut another piece of plug socket rubber & placed over area toucning heat shield. What I need is a small piece of exhaust wrap, but don't feel like buying entire kit. Wanted to wrap heat tape over plug wire boot to keep from melting.

Back