free website stats program 2009 Street Bob Uuugh! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Bob Uuugh!

All in all, it's just a matter of preference. I think they should have left the Street Bob the way it was and introduced the new style as a different bike. The 09 kinda lost its "Dark Custom" status IMO.

I prefer the black case too. The silver just doesn't look good to me! The silver case on the others turned me off to those models. Got the 2006 Steet Bob for the wife. She also likes the black case too.

I also agree. I love the way my 08 Fat Bob looks. Black Denim Tank with black casing looks awesome. If I could post a pic. I would.

I agree I didn't like the silver motor on the Softail Standard & I dislike it even more on the Street Bob & the new tailight & rear fender I aint crazy about either, its like the Softail Duece rear fender some like it but most hate it,but it could be worse it could be a Rocker or Rocker C I love my '08 Street Bob Mines a lil more colorful than most I have it in HD radical paint scheme ORION "midnight blue w/ silver flames" I have added some chrome a Kury Akyn horn highway pegs all HD flame series with HD flame grips to match getting ready to add the Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather & the new DARK SERIES Derby Cover.I wouldnt trade my Street Bob for anything love the way it handles especially in deep curves...

The 09 kinda lost its "Dark Custom" status IMO.

Absolutely my point.

Pull it from the "Dark Custom" group of bikes and lump it in with every other bike with a silver motor.

My point was.... I like the black motor as something that sets the Steet Bob apart from all the other Dynaglides.
Now you don't have the option.
HD just cheaped out and took away one more CHOICE!

Glad I have an '06.
Would love an '07 or '08 more with the 96".
'09 is a major step backwards.
Bring back the black!!!

I personally think Harley has dropped the ball in the past couple of years. They had a great sought after bike in the Street Bob until the '09 came out I was actually hoping that the '09 Street Bob woulda been a CVO,can you imagine a Street Bob with a 110" motor, how great would that be but instead they CVO the Fat Bob, hmmm Hopefully HD will see that people want that Dark Series look on the Bike & the silver looks cheap,Remember the Bad Boy Harley had years back they should bring that back as a Dark Series bike Denim Black with a Gloss Springer front end & blacked out motor,But I am a springer guy anyway I love em I wish I could put a Springer on my Street Bob but I dont know with the rake if it would work & if it would would the Harley Springer lowering kit lower it enough to fit right<If anyone knows if this would be possible I would love to know...

I personally think Harley has dropped the ball in the past couple of years. .....

Yeah like killing the DEUCE in favor of the Crossbones.

DUH!!!!!

I guess it works out for us with Black Street Bob's or with Deuces.
They're worth more on resale because they'll be RARE and no longer in production.

Opinions are like (EDITED) every one has one and here is mine. I have a 2007 Street Glide and wanted to get a bar hopper for around town. The Dyna Street Bob was my first choice based on 96 ci motor and six speed trans and it being the lightest HD. I did my homework and headed to the dealer. They had both s a 2008 and a 2009 Vivid Black SB sitting next to each other. The 08 was discounted down to the same price as the 2009. I probably spent two hours looking at them both and the 2009 won hands down. Not even considering the cost or immediate deprecation (once out the door) the 2009 truly represented where Harley Davidson was going with the SB. From the introduction in 2006 they were striving for the retro look. Looking at the 06, 07 & 08 they reminded me of a Dyna Nightster or Night Train. They were fundamentally a Dyna Super Glide with a black motor mini-apehangers and came in various denim colors. Looking at the 2009 Street Bob it really does not share any styling features with the other Dyna family. Bobed fender, old school tail light, grey motor with all black cylinders, new front fender and black and chrome wheels it really shouts the Street Bob style. Change is some times difficult but it can be rewarding.

Opinions are like (EDITED) every one has one and here is mine. ...The Dyna Street Bob was my first choice based on 96 ci motor and six speed trans and it being the lightest HD. ....

I understand someone wanting one. And loving it.

Just too bad HD entirely removed the choice of the only Dark Custom in the Dyna family.

I started this post.
Sorta regret calling it "Uuugh!"

I didn't mean to offend owners of the new Bob. Welcome to the family.
I'm sure there's those that think my ride is Uuugh!
SBwetrear2shot.jpg

Ya know I guess i just dont like the term RETRO LOOK if you want retro buy an older bike ,I didn't buy my '08 Street Bob cuz it looked retro I bought it cuz it rode like a bat outta hell when needed & confortable when needed ,I feel like I am back in the seventees,retro bikes , retro clothes,retro everything since when did OLDER get so in style,presonally the trem RETRO should not even be said when it comes to new Harleys,your buying a beautiful bad (EDIT) Bike,but maybe people want a modern day RETRO bike with new parts so they dont have to get their hands dirty wrenchin on a old TRUE retro,its like tattoos all these young 20 nothings gettin tatted up cuz its the IN THING, buy what you like NOT what kinda attention you will get from people, I got my tattoos FOR ME same as my bike, I could not care less what people think of me ,my bike or my tats, but to each their own, personally I see a '09 Street Bob I will just shake my head keep my opinion to myself & hit the wind.:newsmile055:

Back